Linda's Judism

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Linda's Judism

Postby dakota » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:14 am

Being Jewish myself I am curious about this. I read somewhere that Linda's father changed his name from Epstein to Eastman to conceal the Jewish surname. This mean that Linda was at least half Jewish. Does anyone know if Linda's mother was Jewish also?.
dakota

Linda's Judism

Postby dakota » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:14 am

Being Jewish myself I am curious about this. I read somewhere that Linda's father changed his name from Epstein to Eastman to conceal the Jewish surname. This mean that Linda was at least half Jewish. Does anyone know if Linda's mother was Jewish also?.
dakota

Postby calicoskych2001 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:53 am

Yes, she was.
calicoskych2001

Postby dakota » Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:44 am

I'm not really Jewish, however, my wife is. This was the only way I could pose this question without people getting uptight at me. That is to claim to be of the same ethnic group I was posing a question about. It's interesting to see how many people visited the topic site but were afraid to get there name involved in the conversation. Well, anyway.

I was reading that Paul and John were both of Irish ancestry, not English.
dakota

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:05 am

quote:Originally posted by dakota
It's interesting to see how many people visited the topic site but were afraid to get there name involved in the conversation. Well, anyway.

Not at all, Dakota...I just didnt know the answer, man.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:16 am

Also, Dakota, I really didnt know about the Epstein-Eastman thing, to be quite honest. Learn something new every day--that's why this forum is so great. Where did you read about the name change?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:33 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Also, Dakota, I really didnt know about the Epstein-Eastman thing, to be quite honest. Learn something new every day--that's why this forum is so great. Where did you read about the name change?

Steve - I knew it since a couple of years, and I wondered that time how coincidentially Linda´s single original last name was the same of The Beatles manager Brian EPSTEIN!!! Then I thought how some surprising coincidences happen in the people´s life!!! I can imagine how Paul wondered when he knew about that!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Brains » Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:08 am

Are Linda and Brian distant relatives maybe?

As for the Irish ancestry, I guess that's true. Paul's mother's maiden name was Mohin, which is very Irish. McCartney and Lennon are both names that you see a lot in Northern Ireland. What was Julia Lennon's maiden name?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:30 am

quote:Originally posted by Brains
Are Linda and Brian distant relatives maybe?

As for the Irish ancestry, I guess that's true. Paul's mother's maiden name was Mohin, which is very Irish. McCartney and Lennon are both names that you see a lot in Northern Ireland. What was Julia Lennon's maiden name?

If I´m not mistaken was Baird, Julia Baird(not sure if it´s correctly wrote), Brains. And she had a daughter with George, her second husband, but I don´t remmember the name of the half-sister of John.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby shinestar » Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:20 pm

I doubt very much Brian E and Linda's family were related as it's a very common German-Jewish name. Linda was a non=practicing Jew as was her family, from what I've read. Both Paul and John's family originated in Ireland. It's a well-known fact Lee Eastman, Linda's late dad changed his name for business reasons, although being an entertainment lawyer, I don't see what difference it could have made so maybe he originally planned to go into a different sort of law career.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions