Best vocal harmonies

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Best vocal harmonies

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:13 pm

I reckon that on "Abbey Road", the Fabs did their BEST vocal harmonies in whole album!! "Because" is one of most beautiful vocalization of a musical group I ever heard. Not just in that song but ALL of songs, even on "I Want You" I think their vocals were wonderful, very tuned and with an excellent timing. We can even hear Ringo on vocal harmonies on "Carry That Weight", a rare fact.
Which of their albums beyond this you guys can consider as a beautiful harmonies of their voices??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Best vocal harmonies

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:13 pm

I reckon that on "Abbey Road", the Fabs did their BEST vocal harmonies in whole album!! "Because" is one of most beautiful vocalization of a musical group I ever heard. Not just in that song but ALL of songs, even on "I Want You" I think their vocals were wonderful, very tuned and with an excellent timing. We can even hear Ringo on vocal harmonies on "Carry That Weight", a rare fact.
Which of their albums beyond this you guys can consider as a beautiful harmonies of their voices??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:26 pm

Good topic, Nito. And I agree. I feel that Abbey Road showcases their vocal ability the best as well. ESPECIALLY on Because. I have NEVER gotten sick of listening to that beautiful song. Their voices sound so majestic. Besides Abbey Road, I'm not sure. Have to give that some thought.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:55 pm

I love the harmonies on that song. Beautiful--The first time I heard Free as a Bird, I was astounded by the great harmonies over top of George's guitar solo. It reminded me how good George and Paul sounded together in the past, especially on Because. I’ll have to try and think of some more. And yes—great topic NITO. You have become a beast at coming up with great topics. Great job, man.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:56 pm

I've always considered the lead vocal harmonies by John and Paul on "I'll be Back". Just awesome.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:46 pm

[:)]i think the best vocal harmonies were on the let it be album[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:50 pm

quote:Originally posted by megs
[:)]i think the best vocal harmonies were on the let it be album[:D]
Huh? Which ones in particular, Megs? Maybe I don't hear it. I've always considered White and Let It Be to be the two most un-harmonizing albums the Beatles put out. Help me out here.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:53 pm

two of us and i've got a feeling off of let it be i think had really good vocal harmonies but abbey road and the white album had good vocal harmonies too[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:56 pm

quote:Originally posted by megs
two of us and i've got a feeling off of let it be i think had really good vocal harmonies but abbey road and the white album had good vocal harmonies too[:D]

I guess I get clouded by the all the bickering that went on during this period. It seems when John was singing with Paul he was somewhere else and didnt really put his heart into it.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:01 pm

Bickering??? Do u mean like the money issues they had during that time[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions