Concert for George DVD WOW

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Concert for George DVD WOW

Postby lovelyrita » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:26 am

I happened to see the Concert for George DVD at the library and checked it out for the last business trip I had to go on. I thought it would be a nice diversion. I was totally blown away by it. There are 21 songs of George's played by Eric Clapton, Tom Petty and a big cast of stars. Ringo sings two songs (Photograph and Honey Don't), then plays drums on the rest. Paul comes out and sings For You Blue, Something (starting on ukelele and finishing with the full orchestra) and All Things Must Pass. Then they all do While My Guitar Gently Weeps, My Sweet Lord. George's son Dhani plays a majority of the songs. He looks and acts so much like George it's eerie. It was really a treat to see Ringo, Paul, and George's son play together. If you haven't seen it, this is just so, so fun to watch. I'm definitely going to buy this one. Anyone else seen it?
lovelyrita

Postby EddieV » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:06 am

Oh yes I´ve seen it many times. So much great music on it.
The performers seem to enjoy themselves and Georges music. I love Sam Browns version of Horse To The Water
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Concert for George

Postby TMCKPAULFAN » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:08 pm

I happened to catch the Concert for George on our local PBS station and boy was that ever a great concert! Its definetly one I'll be adding to my DVD concert collection! :lol:

And in the end....the love you take....is equal to the love you make...
TMCKPAULFAN

Postby Lbell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:06 pm

I recently re-rented the DVD of Concert For George. I've rented it before, seen it on PBS, and probably watched it at least 20 times now. The bonus CD is great too! I have to say it's one of the best live music experiences ever captured on camera. To begin with the Indian music with Ravi Shankar is beautiful. His daughter Anoushka is stunning and the first act really sets the mood.
Eric Clapton gives some very serious performances on this. If you look at his face you can see the intense energy he puts into his performances. I love Tom Petty doing Taxman because he really lays on the nasal quality and sounds like a true villan, which is perfect for the song. Billy Preston doing My Sweet Lord, how great for him to do that song. Didn't George write it for him? I know Billy recorded it. Jeff Lynne does a great version of Give Me Love. Oh and Something starting with Sir Paul on acoustic ukelele and then transitioning to full band, Phenomenal. With George's son Dhani up there this is one of my favorite DVDs of all time. Also, a wonderful version of Wah Wah. I can't say enough good things about this concert. If you've only seen it once or twice, or three times, etc..etc... Indulge yourself again. It's so worth it.
I didn't mean to sound like a commercial here. Just wanted to put my opinion in writing where I know those who agree with me are.
Lbell

Postby Zaa » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:54 pm

Hi:

When I saw that video, for me, it was amazing, of curse, 'cos mccartney sang, and ringo sang photograph.

I like the way Billy Preston sang "my sweet Lord", of curse, that song needs a real singer.

All I can say, is that... I think that video is better than "come together" tribute for John Lennon. I dunno what do you think.

See You.
Zaa

Postby amateur » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:00 am

I Agree with all of you, guys.

That's one of my favorites concert I've ever seen...

I like the song which eric clapton sings, itcalls If I Needed Someone
Come on baby, we can get much higher
amateur

Postby jack68 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:47 pm

The monty python segment is classic.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ev4AhiN0nGc
jack68

Postby beatlefan46 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:55 am

I bought the DVD as soon as it came out. I don't know how many times I have watched it. Sometimes when there's nothing on TV I'll put that on. It's like watching it for the first time all over again :lol: It is the best concert DVD I own :!:
beatlefan46

Postby james1985 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:27 am

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I was there, baby!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby beatlefan46 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:38 am

james1985 wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I was there, baby!

Must have been the ultimate thrill to be there 8) Did you have a good seat? Where you able to see the performers arrive at the RAH?
beatlefan46

Next

Return to MACCA-Videos