Who will win the world cup?

What's your favourite team, player, passtime.

Moderator: Mike

Postby james1985 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:28 am

We love Wayne Rooney because he's the greatest English footballer since Bobby Charlton. He's incredible. We didin't see the best of him in the world cup as he was up front on hs own without Michael Owen. I don't care what he looks like.

As for Ronaldo, he deserves everything he gets. How can you try and get a friend, a team mate, sent off? I can't wait to scream abuse and boo him when Man Utd play Portsmouth next season (if he's not moved to Madrid, of course)
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:20 pm

james1985 wrote:We love Wayne Rooney because he's the greatest English footballer since Bobby Charlton. He's incredible. We didin't see the best of him in the world cup as he was up front on hs own without Michael Owen. I don't care what he looks like.

I don't mind his looks either - football is not about looks, no need to tell me. Our goalie Oliver Kahn (in this World Cup our team's no. 2 among the goalies) is not exactly a specimen of rare beauty, either, and still we appreciate his qualities as a football player here. I didn't mind Mr Rooney's ugliness (although even Keith Richards is better looking to me), but his behaviour before getting sent off. And if I ever met him in the street, with the expression on his face he had just then, I would think "bad news" and try to shrink or become invisible or whatever. But of course, this is just my personal impression; I could be all wrong and the man (except for that scene) the nicest person in the world - although going by the comments he made about Ronaldo (even if he was reacting to some offence) I doubt it. If he's good, all the better for him and for ManU.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:13 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:It's always those "authentic" penalty kicks that gives unfair advantage to one side.

I'm sorry for Portugal, they played just as well as France did.

No, they didn´t. One player was the diffrence, Zidane!!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby funkbeatle » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:48 am

Just like I said before an inspired Zidane gives no chances to Portugal, despite he was not so inspired as he was against Brazil though France is not only Zidane but Ribery, Vieira, Thuran, Thierry Henry are very good players too. I still believe in Italy's victory because they're experienced final players I think they'll win the 4th cup only one to reach brazilian team. Oh how I wished Argentina could win the 3rd cup, damn!!
funkbeatle

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:22 pm

funkbeatle wrote:Just like I said before an inspired Zidane gives no chances to Portugal, despite he was not so inspired as he was against Brazil though France is not only Zidane but Ribery, Vieira, Thuran, Thierry Henry are very good players too. I still believe in Italy's victory because they're experienced final players I think they'll win the 4th cup only one to reach brazilian team. Oh how I wished Argentina could win the 3rd cup, damn!!

I also think Italy will win, even though France has surprised us quite a bit during the tournament. I would really wish they would give Zidane a decent "good-bye", a final flourish for a great career, but that's my heart - my brain tells me Italian cleverness (and experience) will win - yet again.

I'm afraid, funkbeatle, you and I will have to wait another four years - for your 3rd cup or our 4th cup :lol: (or maybe Brazil's umpteenth cup or...)
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:10 pm

Italy has won the World Cup. 8)

Australia were knocked out by the eventual Champs.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:33 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:Italy has won the World Cup. 8)

Australia were knocked out by the eventual Champs.

So was Germany 8) :lol:

What on earth did that Maserati, or whatever his name was, say to Zidane? I suppose we'll never know... Domenech was quite clever (he had probably learnt quite a bit from watching the semifinal between Italy and Germany), but alas, not clever enough. And Barthez is not one for stopping penalties :cry: My commiserations and my compliments to France in general and to Thierry Henry (the poor man left his guts out there) and to Zidane in particular (even though his career had to end on such an ugly note).
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:09 am

It is not fair to make the decision of who wins by penalties.

Congratulations Italy!!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:00 am

excellent, two final defeats in two months for Thierry Henry!

Zidane, you are a disgrace
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:51 am

Thank goodness it's over :roll:
mi
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext