Your Favorite Paul Quote

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby admiral_halsey » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:49 pm

"...'what are the Beatles up to, drying up I suppose?' and then we came out with Sgt. Pepper. Yeah that's right, drying up."

(or something like that)

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby dcbeatle64 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:53 pm

Q-What would you like your legacy to be or how would you like to be remembered?(I can never remember the exact question)

Paul McCartney- 'I’d like people to think I was… sensational. And that I was a damn good (bass) player and that I was a damn good singer and a damn good writer, and I’d like them to wrap that all up in a little ball and swallow it.'

“Something like George passing, it makes you think, `God things are so impermanent: suddenly there's this little friend of mine, he used to get on the bus, and now he's passed away.' There's that whole lifetime of a friendship that physically has ended, not emotionally.”

I always thought that was a real sweet one

“I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.”

“We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.”

"When I write, there are times -- not always -- when I hear John (Lennon) in my head, ... I'll think, OK, what would we have done here?, and I can hear him gripe or approve.”

“None of us wanted to be the bass player. In our minds he was the fat guy who always played at the back.”

“We're going to play NAKED!” :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul McCartney- 'I’d like people to think I was… sensational. And that I was a damn good (bass) player and that I was a damn good singer and a damn good writer, and I’d like them to wrap that all up in a little ball and swallow it.'
dcbeatle64

Postby savillerowdie » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:57 pm

"We just wanted to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians."

1966 press conference, in response to a ridiculous question about assertions that "Norwegian Wood" was about a prostitute and "Eleanor Rigby" was about a lesbian.
savillerowdie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to Paul as a Beatle