A reminder: support MaccaCentral / Voice of the Beatles

News & Announcements, Updates, Information about MACCA Central's websites and internet radio station, MACCA Radio - Beatles, Solo & Friends, The Voice of The Beatles.

Moderator: Mike

A reminder: support MaccaCentral / Voice of the Beatles

Postby JennyWren » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:24 am

As I was browsing the forums just now, I was looking at user info that's posted off to the left of the posts. I was suprised to see how many regular posters have very low point balances. I don't know all the reasons for low points, but one of them is no recent monetary contributions to MaccaCentral.

This site is near and dear to me, so I'm issuing a reminder (challenge?) to all and especially to those who hang out here a lot, listening to the tunes, reading and posting to the forums: if you haven't sent a contribution recently, please do so. Even a little will help Mike out. It's easy to do. Please do your part to keep MaccaCentral alive and well. You know you'd miss it if it wasn't here.

JennyWren (who probably hasn't contributed enough, but who has contributed several times)
Last edited by JennyWren on Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:31 pm

Thank you for pointing that out JennyWren. It's something I should be doing all the time but I find it hard sometimes to ask. Perhaps it's a good time to quickly review the point system. Everyone who registers is awarded 5 points. So if you see many people with 5 points is likely they haven't contributed at all and have not gone into certain sections of this site to use their 5 points up.

A few months ago I expanded the number of streams and it looks like we are getting to near the peak again. That will mean either I will have to buy more streams for listeners or not. If the listening capacity is achieved then listeners can't listen and they may not come back to try to listen agaiin. So the idea is to add more streams to satisfy the demand thus building a larger listener audience. Some recent months have been very low donations where costs are nowhere near being cover and other months are better.

I urge listeners to MACCA Radio and people who visit the forums and other parts of MACCA Central to consider some form of contribution. One time, monthly, quarterly or yearly. I'll accept any amount, it all goes to the costs for the sites. I had one generous contributor last year who donated enough to cover costs for about 3 months. It was one time but it would be so very nice not have to worry every week, where I'm gonna find extra my own personal money to payout. I have enough gray hairs :) no I don't use dye :)

So if anyone knows somebody really well off and is a Beatle fan or not, but would want to contribute to things here, that would be welcomed very much.

Thank you for listening.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Not that its our business

Postby jgkojak » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:12 am

It may be none of our business...

But perhaps is you put up a 'bat'- i.e. put up a goal amount to raise in a certain amount of time, that would be motivating-

Perhaps showing us your approx. costs (which of course doesn't include all your labor) to keep the site running- knowing a little about these things, I think most people would be SHOCKED how much this costs for you.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:09 am

I will seriously consider it. My financial situation is not good, so i'm afraid i can't make any promises.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby JennyWren » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:02 pm

We've been having tons of fun here lately, haven't we? As for me, I've gotten a kick out of the "Fans Write A Song To Paul" and "How Many Instruments...." threads. I'm determined to find instrument #50, so stay tuned.

Because lots of us have participated on those threads and elsewhere, I thought it might be a suitable time to post a reminder that a good way to thank Mike for his hospitality is to make a donation to his site. I know everyone here knows that, and I hope you don't mind my friendly reminder. Remember--size doesn't matter. Mike appreciates it all.

JennyWren (who has ponied up, FWIW. I gotta do my part before posting a reminder to others, right?)
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Re: A reminder: support MaccaCentral / Voice of the Beatles

Postby JennyWren » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:46 pm

Hey, what's up (or really , down) with Nov donations? We did pretty well helping Mike out in Sept and Oct---we didn't reach his goal, but some bucs were donated.

Now, in Nov, only $30 bucks from 3 people. Come on, everyone! Mike has some some upgrades to the site; we need to help him out!!

Please.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:40 pm

Hey, guys! It's the holiday season, a time of spending time with family and friends and a time of generosity to symbolize appreciation for those who matter to us. I know this site matters to many of you, so this is a good time to send a donation to thank Mike for another great year on Macca-Central. Think about it, please.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JennyWren » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Just wondering, Mike, how is the financial support coming along for this site. I liked the thermometer thingie so we could see the donations....it was a good reminder to us.

I hope you're getting some support from listeners/forum participants.

JennyWren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby arrowthroughme » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Same thing mike, hows everything? I don't post much, but listen all day thurs, fri and sat at work. As always, you can count on my donation each month. :salute
I hope enough others are also helping the station to reach its goals!
That meter was a great way to keep us informed.
Anything we can do let us know!
Lacey
(ps. i dont wanna be a bugger but the tier wait time for requests are still off. i hope thats somthing you are able to fix..?)
Complete with my own personal wings tribute permanently on my foot : )

"..some people never know..."
arrowthroughme
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:30 pm

I think you both are right, the thermometer gave everyone an instant view. March totals I believe is $20 so far. I'll have to look to see how much work it will take to put it back in. Thanks for asking.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Next

Return to Site News, Announcements