The younger Beatle

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:46 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Dark Horse is not one of my faves. His voice was so strained, critics at the time called it "Dark Hoarse". LOL

LOL... Yeah, "hoarse", that´s good!!!Poor George, I really think his voice sounds different on that album, but I like "Dark Horse" the song itself, that´s was sung in a unusual way by him, as also was "Simply Shady".

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:58 am

I like "Dark Horse" in a general way, and think that´s an interesting album... I remmember that in Brazil, "Ding Dong, Ding Dong" reached among the top 5 during few weeks in 1975.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:04 am

But as for "Extra Texture" I´d call that as "Extra TORTURE" ...LOL[:D] Forgive me George, I´m only kiddin'!!
Well, I would not say that´s all bad, but on that, George´s voice upsets me, though I know his life was nothing good that time and that made him did a bad mood work. That was a pity for him.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
But as for "Extra Texture" I´d call that as "Extra TORTURE"

No question, NITO. It WAS torture listening to that one, as I remember. Like a few other GH albums, there were a FEW semi-gems sprinkled about.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jet » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:18 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
But as for "Extra Texture" I´d call that as "Extra TORTURE" ...LOL[:D] Forgive me George, I´m only kiddin'!!
Well, I would not say that´s all bad, but on that, George´s voice upsets me, though I know his life was nothing good that time and that made him did a bad mood work. That was a pity for him.
Peace.
Sadly, Dsnito I have to agree. It is a depressing album. I do however like the track You. In fact, I was listening to this song on the evening of the day he died and remember wondering how he was getting on with his battle against cancer. I had no idea that just 24 hours from that moment I would be watching all the news about his death on TV.
jet

Postby Steve-o » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:08 pm

Jet--I had forgotten about "You". Nice song and lead guitar riff. I'll have to dig that out.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:43 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Dark Horse is not one of my faves. His voice was so strained, critics at the time called it "Dark Hoarse". LOL

I have ATMP and DH - ATMP has really grown on me, but I'm so-so with DH. Half of it is all right, but there's some real shockers on it. I kinda like tracks 1,3,5,7, but that's all, I think.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:05 pm

Shockers? Liam--you mean duds? LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:49 am

By "shockers", or "howlers", I mean songs that don't cut it. Duds, as you put, is as good a word as any [:D]
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:28 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
By "shockers", or "howlers", I mean songs that don't cut it. Duds, as you put, is as good a word as any [:D]
I never get tired of those, Liam LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to GEORGE