short life, quick death...then, ressurection

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

short life, quick death...then, ressurection

Postby ANGRY » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:37 am

alot of tv shows have made it to the screen, only to die a terrible, sad death.
i'm thinking of this because i am making my way through the 10 eps of the new 'night stalker' tv series, and i am surprised at how good a show it was.
the networks, in all their stoopitity, sink a gobful of $$ in a show, some peeps work their hearts out, and BOOM, no real network support : the place is littered with shows...and, now, alot are making their way to dvd

wonderfalls, point pleasant, american gothic, profit, the kindred, ez streets...soon, the adventures of briscoe county, jr is coming out...

so, the question of the day..are there any shows you watched, thought were/was good and then it got cancelled, or maybe one you've discovered only after it was gone and now on dvd...the ones listed above are some i've enjoyed...any suggestions for more ?
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Highamster » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:35 am

Though a highly clich├ęd choice I'ld have to say Firefly is my fave series that has masive fan support, is loved but for some reason won't be given support for any more seasons and was cancelled after its first finished. Still, at least Joss Whedon got to continue it in some comics and a movie. I just hope that it manages to get continued in books or comics soon.

I'll have to check out that Night Stalker show though. Just looked it up and it sounds interesting.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:34 am

I really liked Now and Again....or was it Time and Again?....I forget the title, but it was about a guy who was put back together as a sort of 6 million dollar man thing, only his personality was that of John Goodman...and he couldn't tell his wife about it. Goodman's wife that is. He'd have to save the world and then try not to tell his wife he was still alive, in another mans body. One of the best written shows I've ever watched. I know it sounds hokey, but it was a great show.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212395/
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:45 am

there's no way i could ever remember all the good ones that've come and gone..but 'firefly' is a big, big misstep on my part...that is an AWESOME show...the movie was very good, too

''now and then'', is, i believe the correct title, and, you're right, it was very good, too, and, i believe it is either being released, soon, or, has already...

just finished the complete, new 'night stalker'...and it was, indeed, very, very good...10 episodes of cool, tv bliss. i like the show 'supernatural', it's all kinda popcorn/horror tv : fun, in its own way...but 'night stalker' was way ahead of it in terms of thoughtful, adult horror. far more like the really good episodes of 'x-files' than the rather hokey (but, i admit, loveable) old 'kolchak: the night stalker' tv show from the '70's. if you do get your hands on it, make sure you listen to the audio commentary on the two eps that have it...they will divulge many details that they were to get into, if the show had lasted.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Return to Movies & TV