American Idol

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 20, 2006 8:27 pm

ddr----ever heard of "tongue in cheek"?....seriously. elliott knows he needs some dental work--he'll get it, trust me---someone will work on his eye-gore type posture as well--but--no doubt he can sing in the soul genre. Elliot may have the hottest soul pipes, but he can't belt like Chris can. Two different kinds of music. And learn to read..I said that Taylor was LIKE the old dude...he seems older--period. I know he was 28 when he signed up. Those are the rules. And Kat is FAR from perfect, if that's what you are saying. One look at that spacious caboose and you just KNOW she's gonna blow-up big time if she dont push away from the table sometime soon. There...have I offended everyone? Hope so. :wink: It's all about making fun of the self-absorbed--and trust me---no way the vote was that close--someone is playing with the numbers like they always do. But we still watch, don't we??
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Sat May 20, 2006 9:16 pm

no way the vote was that close--someone is playing with the numbers like they always do.

...a bit like the elections you guys have over there, right? :wink:
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby ddr » Sat May 20, 2006 10:14 pm

Steve-o, I was simply stating my opinion as were you and my point was simply that I have heard many guys say that Katherine is hot and have heard Elliott called an elf, an Amish person, and various other things having no bearing on talent. It would be nice if people could get past the physical is all I was saying.

I'm sorry if I mis-understood what you meant about Taylor but telling me I need to learn how to read seems a little harsh don't you think? Just trying to have some interesting exchanges here not be personally attacked.
ddr

Postby kylestyle » Sat May 20, 2006 11:04 pm

..my point was simply that I have heard many guys say that Katherine is hot and have heard Elliott called an elf, an Amish person, and various other things having no bearing on talent. It would be nice if people could get past the physical is all I was saying.

Ok. I think Elliott's voice is too "earnest". He sounds like he's pleading, trying too hard, and he 'scoops up' to notes. It also lacks a bit of masculine toughness - he lacks a lot of bottom end. And he also can't sing in the correct keys - when he performed Stevie Wonder's If You Really Love Me, he performed it several tones below the original, yet he received all these plaudits and that he did Stevie proud - which I could not understand at all. Then, later on when he did that great Gavin Degraw song I Don't Want To Be, he realised he had no power to really nail it like Bo Bice did the year before, so he down-funked it, sang it several keys lower than the original, and it sounded farking terrible - at least Simon had the guts to call it as he saw it.

Kat on the other hand, well she has the class to pull anything off, and sing it in the correct key. This is something Macca has prided himself on for years, surely the younger Idols should adhere to this principle as well.
kylestyle

Postby Steve-o » Sun May 21, 2006 12:06 am

ddr wrote:telling me I need to learn how to read seems a little harsh don't you think?
I think you're being overly sensitive, but if you were hurt, I apologize. It wasn't literal..just pointing out that you skipped over the word "like". And Kyle, baby---kat ain't all that good, man. She misses notes all of time, and drops lyrics as well--yes..she's had a few really good moments, but she's very inconsistent and a bit too chippy (maybe immature? or is it spoiled? can't tell). And one more shot of her old man crying and I'm going to lose the lunch. :roll: :wink: And someone please tell her Mommy that breasts are great, but we don't need to see quite so much of hers. It would be like me sitting there showing off my saggy arms where my guns used to be. :wink:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun May 21, 2006 12:10 am

kylestyle wrote:
no way the vote was that close--someone is playing with the numbers like they always do.

...a bit like the elections you guys have over there, right? :wink:
Hanging chads vs the Idol producers "counting" the data given to them by the phone company? It's all about who "19" wants to market. And they've blown it alot (Ruben, Fantasia, etc).
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Sun May 21, 2006 1:44 am

Chris probably had the best voice in the whole competition. Problew was, that it was almost like he was singing the same song week after week. Kevin Covais had more variety than he did!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Sun May 21, 2006 4:24 am

covais....?! :evil: .....oh...wait...that HAS to be humor... :? ..right...yeah, i get it...

...i hope....'cause that weasel sucked more than a $1000 Dyson
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Sun May 21, 2006 6:43 am

I remember when Kevin Covais tried to sing I Heard It Through the Grapevine - not only did he sing it in the wrong key, he totally avoided the "some other guyyyyyy" high part - the whole centrepiece of that song is to show off the high falsetto and he totally flew underneath it all.

I think many of us here in the forum could sing that "some other guyyy" bit not only in the original key..but also in our sleep! To see it butchered on worldwide tv was something I found a little hard to take. Sure enough, he didn't last that much longer.

I thought Ryan was very cruel towards him, taunting him with the Chicken Little comments. I realise he was just trying to build an image and audience for him, but it must hurt a little inside.
kylestyle

Postby ddr » Sun May 21, 2006 7:50 am

[quote Ok. I think Elliott's voice is too "earnest". He sounds like he's pleading, trying too hard, and he 'scoops up' to notes. It also lacks a bit of masculine toughness - he lacks a lot of bottom end. And he also can't sing in the correct keys - when he performed Stevie Wonder's If You Really Love Me, he performed it several tones below the original, yet he received all these plaudits and that he did Stevie proud - which I could not understand at all. Then, later on when he did that great Gavin Degraw song I Don't Want To Be, he realised he had no power to really nail it like Bo Bice did the year before, so he down-funked it, sang it several keys lower than the original, and it sounded farking terrible - at least Simon had the guts to call it as he saw it.

Kat on the other hand, well she has the class to pull anything off, and sing it in the correct key. This is something Macca has prided himself on for years, surely the younger Idols should adhere to this principle as well.[/quote]

Now this is an opinion I can respect, not necessarily agree with but respect.
I still think Elliott went home because he isn't pretty enough and not due to lack of talent.

Steve-o thanks for the apology, I appreciate that. :D
ddr

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV