What are you looking forward to?

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

What are you looking forward to?

Postby Highamster » Thu May 18, 2006 12:33 pm

So what future releases are you looking forward to in the world of Movies and TV?

For me I'm quite excited to learn about Philip Pullmans 'His Dark Materials' books are being made into a trilogy of films which should be good if done right. They're still going through casting and pre-production stuff so we've got a long wait, should be good though.

Another film I'm looking forward to is obviousally Snakes on a Plane. We all need more Samuel L Jackson. The fact he's on a plane with snakes is even better.

Indiana Jones 4 should be good aswell. I'm just worried at how slow everything seems to be going, Harrison Ford's already anounced he'll leave if they havn't started

Sin City 2 and 3. Enough said.

For TV I'm really looking forward to the two Star Wars TV shows. The 3D Clone Wars should be amazing. The main thing that let me down was how short the cartoons were, even though they reached a decent length of about 20minutes in the third series it's anoying at how there was only 5 episodes untill they got to the start of Revenge of the Sith. The live action show between RotS and ANH I'm less excited about, I'm just wondering if Lucas will pull it off right.

I'm also looking forward to the recently anounced remake of The Prisoner. I love the original series, as long as it's not a word for word remake just for the sake of using new special effect and they make new stories (possibley even change who No.1 is?) I'll definatly watch it.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Thu May 18, 2006 2:23 pm

Films : Superman Returms
Rocky Balboa

T.V. : Star Wars

Music : Anything from Macca
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Highamster » Thu May 18, 2006 6:47 pm

Argh, I forgot about Clerks 2. Got to love Kevin Smith. Hopefully Jay and Silent Bob will be able to redeem themselfs after that J&SB: Strike Back movie, that was just horrible.

I also forgot to mention X-Men 3. I'm not a big fan of X-Men but I don't mind the first two films. It should be worth a watch.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Thu May 18, 2006 7:02 pm

ooo, forgot bout that star wars tv show, should be interesting, but don't hold out much hope of it being good, especially with George "I've lost the plot" Lucas in charge.

Movies: Rocky VI!!! can't believe this is actually happening!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Highamster » Thu May 18, 2006 7:16 pm

I dunno, Lucas seemed to get better throughout the Prequel Trilogy. Revenge of the Sith was pretty good apart from some of the dialogue and Padmés death. Killing her in the film made no sense either since in Return of the Jedi Leia says she knew her and other slightly small inconsistancys with the original trilogy.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Thu May 18, 2006 8:05 pm

TV: get on with the finale of Sopranos already. It seems to be moving so slowly. Its still about a mafia head, right? I thought it should be renamed Johnny Cakes for the recent subject matter. not that there's anything wrong with that :wink:

Movies: I was hoping that DaVinci code would be as good as the book, but its pretty much getting slammed by the critics. It seems that all of my favorite books turn out to make crap movies. Remember Absolute Power?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Thu May 18, 2006 9:07 pm

chris wrote:Movies: I was hoping that DaVinci code would be as good as the book, but its pretty much getting slammed by the critics.

Who ever listens to what critics think? I think it's a great movie. Mind you, I also loved the XXX sequel, 'State of the Union' muahaha
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby 2 of 3 » Thu May 18, 2006 11:02 pm

Well, given my name here, I guess I should say I'm looking forward to the next Star Trek feature by JJ Abrams. Recasting Kirk and Spock should be interesting. I vote for Ryan Reynolds as the new Kirk. That guy is hilarious.

Are you looking forward to the Trek movie James? :wink: :P

Oh yes, there is also a new computer system that is controlled by three primary main processing cores cross linked with a redundant melacortz ramistat and fourteen kiloquad interface modules. The core elements are based on FTL nanoprocessor units arranged into twenty-five bilateral kelilactirals with twenty of those units being slaved to the central heisenfram terminal. . . . Now this is the isopalavial interface which controls the main firomactal drive unit. . . . The ramistat kiloquad capacity is a function of the square root of the intermix ratio times the sum of the plasma injector quotient. . . ." what?......
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Fri May 19, 2006 2:07 am

......... :? ......... :shock: ........... :roll: .......you had me at redundant melacortz ramistat...you big, sexy lug....i hope my wife doesn't find out :D :wink:

superman returns

davinci code

second season of doctor who

liseys story by stephen king

taylor hicks winning 'am. idol'

the return of capt. jack sparrow

the box set of concerts by lapu cramnecty and friends, compleat, from '72 to 2006, inclusive with soundchecks
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby chris » Fri May 19, 2006 6:39 pm

2 of 3 wrote: twenty-five bilateral kelilactirals

I had a sister named Kelilactirals. Thats right. Kelilactirals Marie.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Movies & TV