April 25:

Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome
Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris - All the Roadrunning

May 2:

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam

May 9:

Paul Simon - Surprise
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

Also, Neil Young's Living With War album will be released on streaming audio later this week.

Quite a busy couple of weeks! I hope those new ones are just as good as the new CDs released by Donald Fagen, Prince, and Ray Davies this year. I haven't heard the new Morrissey record yet, but I've read it wasn't as good as You Are the Quarry. The jury's still out on Van Morrison's country record released earlier this year. I've played it a few times, but it still hasn't completely grabbed me. (Although his show earlier this year certainly did)

I'm really looking forward to the new Paul Simon, Springsteen, and Knopfler/Harris CDs. I'm also anxious to hear the new Elvis Costello/Allen Toussaint CD. (But it doesn't come out until the first of June) Then there's the new Keane CD. (Under the Iron Sea). I've got to start saving my money!!![/i]
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:27 am

Yeah I've downloaded the leak of the new Pearl Jam album and I love it. It's amazing. A return to form. Until now, I've felt Pearl Jam became a little tired and dull but this one sounds like Vitalogy II - it's punk all the way, with the odd flash of Beatlemania or Springsteen. Even the slower songs have 'take off' moments. Just like I downloaded the Chaos leak before it came out, I will definitely buy the new Pearl Jam album too. Listening to this album takes me right back to 1995 again.

Looking forward to hearing the new Neil Young album too - supposed to be 'metal folk', like Ragged Glory in protest mode. 8)
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:13 am

kylestyle wrote:Yeah I've downloaded the leak of the new Pearl Jam album and I love it. It's amazing. A return to form. Until now, I've felt Pearl Jam became a little tired and dull but this one sounds like Vitalogy II - it's punk all the way, with the odd flash of Beatlemania or Springsteen. Even the slower songs have 'take off' moments. Just like I downloaded the Chaos leak before it came out, I will definitely buy the new Pearl Jam album too. Listening to this album takes me right back to 1995 again.

Looking forward to hearing the new Neil Young album too - supposed to be 'metal folk', like Ragged Glory in protest mode. 8)

Where did you download Pearl Jam from??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:19 am

EddieV wrote:
kylestyle wrote:Where did you download Pearl Jam from??

Usual p2p places. Soulseek. Torrents. Musiclines.com also has it. Without giving away direct links, it's pretty easy to find. I've also downloaded the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album, and very impressed with that - I'll be buying that one too. What rubbish that piracy always leads to lost sales.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby EddieV » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:04 pm

I find one of these. Cheers Kyle
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Tue May 09, 2006 1:42 am

I'm looking forward to the new Chili Peppers disc! It's supposed to be a double album from what I know!
UsagiAndMamoru

Postby maccastheman » Wed May 17, 2006 2:10 pm

I didn't realize that they had never had one, but the RHCP scored their first #1 Album in America with Stadium Arcadium

Paul Simon came in at #14 and Neil Young at #15.

Surprise rightfully outcharted You're the One for Paul Simon. I think it's a stronger album. Living With War didn't fare as well as Prairie Wind, however. Prairie Wind came in at #11. I think that's about right anyway. LWW is an alright album, but not as good as Prairie Wind. (Which bares more listenings to than LWW IMHO)[/i]
Last edited by maccastheman on Wed May 17, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed May 17, 2006 5:45 pm

"Prairie Wind" is a much better album than "Living With War"!!

Anyone catch Paul Simon on SNL last Saterday? He was very good...His voice is sounding great as ever!

With Surprise, I think it may take some time for me to get used to some of the tracks....I like it...much of it is very interesting....good but not extraordinary.

I really ain't been diggin' The Chilli's new record...it's o.k...I guess
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:54 am

I heard Livin' With War , was decidedly unimpressed.

PAul Simon's new record is arguably his best since Graceland.

Mark KNopfler/Emmylou Harris' disc All The Roadrunning is probably better than all knopflers solo records...
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Return to Music - Other Artists