Who lives in LA? Proposition ahead>>

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dakota » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:02 pm

My situation is that I got rid of my stage gear years ago and I basically have equipment and instuments for home recording purposes.

The best thing for my participation would probably be to play bass since I lack a pro keyboard and pro guitar gear. I don't have a very big ego but it's still big enough that I would want to sing lead about 20% of the time. That's about has often as George Harrison sang...lol. I can sing mid to low range lead and I can sing harmony OK. I'm insecure about my singing, I have good days and bad, so if you guys said that I suck, I wouldn't be to offended...lol

I have an idea.....Why don't you print what songs you would like to do. Indicate what key or what the first chord of the song is. Indicate what songs you would want to deligate to other vocalist in the band so that if we all did get around to jammin we'd all have a bit of a heads up on the songs. I found that this is a good system when band members live far enough apart that they can't assemble as often as they'd like. It cuts out the time wasted on B.S. like having to show each other how to play the songs from scratch. Assuming that anyone who would play in the band would have most of these songs on CD/tape/vinyl or at least be familiar enough with these tunes. I have in one form or another all John LPs....Paul LPs....George LPs sans "ET"/ "33 1/2" and "DARK HORSE" and with Ringo I only have the greatest hits and the LP "Ringo".

You give me a tentative list of say.....15 songs and I can have the bass parts or any other instruments figured out by the time you want to play.

Over to you.......
dakota

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:44 am

Blackbirdla - there's a John site like this, I believe. Try http://www.bagism.com - I believe there's a forum on there . . . don't know about George, though.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:47 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Yeah, Liam. You're the most mature person on this forum.

"This is post number 1983...."

"This will make post 1984...."

"I am 400 within the Ramster...."

"This next post will be my 60th consecutive post..."

"This is post 1987...."

LOL.

Now, come on, I am merely keeping tabs on my post status compared with yours there, and sometimes I'm amazed (no maybe) at how many posts I make at any given time. Well, OK, so only every 60 seconds now, but still, you know what I mean . . . [;)]
Liam OSM

Postby nicholeantoinette » Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:17 pm

Blackbird, I have sent you an email.
nicholeantoinette

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:04 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Yeah, Liam. You're the most mature person on this forum.

"This is post number 1983...."

"This will make post 1984...."

"I am 400 within the Ramster...."

"This next post will be my 60th consecutive post..."

"This is post 1987...."

LOL.

LOL, Ram.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby blackbirdla » Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:40 am

Nichole-I've received your email, and the "band" is getting together this Sunday in Burbank for an informal run through. The somgs we're doing this week for sure are:
ISOLATION
VENUS AND MARS/ROCKSHOW
CRIPPLED INSIDE
ALL THINGS MUST PASS
RAM ON
HOW DO YOU SLEEP
TOO MANY PEOPLE
I FOUND OUT
COLD TURKEY
and who knows what else
As far as the band so far, it's:
Me on vocals, acoustic guitar, slide electric, electric guitar, bass, piano and organ/keys, drums
My buddy Jensen on vocals, bass and guitar
My other buddy, from Boston, Dan, on drums
RYAN5 member Bart Ryan will cameo on Lap Steel guitar for "Crippled Inside" as well as slide guitar from Heaven for "All Things Must Pass"
I'm also working on gettin Cello, horns , violin, accordian and bagpipers for different, specific songs. I have not settled for a great guitar player yet (one thing I can't do is Guitar Solo Heroics.....sorry to dissapoint!)
So....after this get together, I'll leave an update on thsi board.
Meanwhile........check out my full time band RYAN5 (http://www.ryan5.com) this THURSDAY at The Mint (http://www.theminthollywood.com) and introduce yourself to me. I'm the bass player,dark brown hair, about 6'2", and would love to talk to some "PAUL PEOPLE" amon the madness that is a live LA venue.
CHEERS!!h
blackbirdla

Postby blackbirdla » Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:21 pm

C'mon!!! Is there NOBODY out there who wants to be involved in this thing in any capacity? (Nichole, I know about you, don't worry, I'll email you soon). I'm dissapointed here.[:(]
blackbirdla

Postby Ram1 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:06 pm

Not everybody lives in the LA area, man. I actually think it's great that you have even gotten a few people from here.
Ram1

Postby blackbirdla » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:14 pm

I'm not jusr referring to players or people that live in LA. What I'm really after on this site are IDEAS!!!Band name ideas, song ideas, whatever. I want to speak with a congress of fanatics-people taht are into teh same thing I am, who I want to hear from and respect the opinions of. THAT'S what I'm after. So.....any ideas?
blackbirdla

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions