My Fantasy Driving USA Setlist

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Rundevilrun » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:44 am

I wish he's drop half of the songs from flaming pie into his acoustic set... I think it would work.
Rundevilrun

Postby Thomas » Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:54 am

I don't see All my loving, Long Tall Sally, Yesterday, Live and let die, Juniors Farm and Can't buy me love on your list. If Paul ever comes to Holland in the near future he should play those songs.
Thomas

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:25 am

No sign of Let It Be, I noticed, or Beware My Love, or The Back Seat Of My Car, and I could go on and on . . . but I won't. Good list overall, but a few classics notable by their absence.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Wings » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:52 pm

I have seen Paul 3 times, in twice in 1989-90 and 2002. I would love to hear some stuff from flaming pie as well as Tug Of War or Back to the Egg for example. I know its hard to choose. I would do only 10 Beatle tracks and then do solo stuff. I love Let It Be and Hey Jude but it would be great to hear somthing different. But then again there are certain songs you just have to do. The fans demand it. I have never seen Billy Joel but I am sure he still has to fit in Piano Man into his shows.
Wings

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:28 pm

quote:Posted - 08/28/2002 : 06:54:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see All my loving, Long Tall Sally, Yesterday, Live and let die, Juniors Farm and Can't buy me love on your list. If Paul ever comes to Holland in the near future he should play those songs.

Liam OSM
Gold MC Member

United Kingdom
2096 Posts
Posted - 08/28/2002 : 07:25:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No sign of Let It Be, I noticed, or Beware My Love, or The Back Seat Of My Car, and I could go on and on . . . but I won't. Good list overall, but a few classics notable by their absence.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.

That was my whole point. It would be nice if Paul did something really drastic and totally changed around his setlist. Especially songs that he's NEVER played live. I think we've heard about 10,000 different live versions of Yesterday, Live and Let Die, Can't Buy Me Love, and Let It Be. It's time for some fresh stuff, IMHO. Besides, there are 31 songs in my setlist. I can't possibly list all of his great songs.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:33 am

Fair point, but there are some songs that if he didn't do, he would be lynched for! And I don't mean a la Kameamea either! [;)]
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:27 am

I understand what you're saying. But he definitely won't be lynched by me! I'd LOVE for him to do something totally drastic like that!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:08 am

After much thought--here is mine (today's list anyway) I wish I could have picked about 72, LOL. I like Ram, dont want to come off as an ungrateful fan. Far from it. Call this one a show for those who have been able to see him before, and don't demand the usual set of classics ect, although there are many sprinkled in on my list.

1. Junior's Farm
2. The World Tonight
3. Silly Love Songs
4. Lonely Road
5. Oo You
6. Jet
7. Driving Rain
8. Venus & Mars/Rock Show
9. Too Many People
11.Old Siam Sir
12.About You
13.Band On The Run
14.Calico Skies (Tribute to Linda)
15.Dear Boy
16.She's Leaving Home
17.Martha My Dear
18.With a Little Luck
19.Your Loving Flame
20.Listen To What The Man Said
21.Arrow Through Me
22.Mrs Vanderbilt
23.My Brave Face
24.Maybe I'm Amazed
25.I Saw Her Standing There
26.Here Today (Tribute to JL)
27.You Like Me Too Much (Tribute to GH)
28.Tug Of War
29. Oh! Darling
30. Hey Jude
--1st Encore--
31. Take It Away
32. Got To Get You Into My Life
33. Yesterday

--2nd Encore--
34. For No One
35. She’s A Woman
36. Pepper Reprise/The End
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brains » Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:27 am

What 'drastic' songs did he do in the past? Not too much.
1979: Fool On The Hill, Cook Of The House
1989: Birthday, Things We Said Today
1993: Penny Lane, Magical Mystery Tour
2002: Here Today (!), Mother Nature's Son
Those are some that come to mind. He has so much great material to choose from, he's able play 36 big hits.

Why does he play exactly the same setlist every single night? Doesn't that get boring? Isn't it much more interesting to play unknown songs, or in different versions, or in different order? I think Bob Dylan does that. If he's in the mood, he'll just go on and on playing songs only the die-hard fans know. I'd love to see Paul doing that.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:27 am

Now there's an idea!

Me, I wouldn't call "Things We Said Today" drastic at all. But then again, I play it myself . . .

And speaking of playing, I have now learned to play "Come Together". I think it would be good an the stage opener for my next show, whenever that is. Probably for the Star Trek society . . . [8D]
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours