American Idol

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Laura » Fri May 05, 2006 1:38 pm

Yeah I watched it Taylor did a great job
Taylor likes the Beatles.
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Thu May 11, 2006 8:13 am

See ya Chris! Look forward to seeing you in a Creed cover band!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Thu May 11, 2006 9:43 am

still, bit of a shock: that.

missed the actual performance show(tues)...
can't say as i'm all sad, tho....

doesn't it begin to look like, in the end, it might be taylor who wins the day...?
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RickStark79 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:50 am

So the three remaining contestants rank like this:

Best Voice:
1. Elliot
2. Katharine
3. Taylor

Most Likeable:
1. Taylor
2. Elliot
3. Katharine

Best Stage Presence/Style:
1. Katharine
2. Taylor
3. Elliot

So what does this mean?! It means I have no clue who's going to win this!! I still think it should be Katharine though! She really has the best chance to have a future in the music biz! :-)
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Fri May 12, 2006 3:13 pm

http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article ... ews=223150

Looks like Chris will be just fine!
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Fri May 12, 2006 6:12 pm

I can't stand that Elliott guy! He looks like an Amish dude.

I'm not surprised that Fuel are looking for Chris - he's the perfect clone for the job. All those bands, Creed, Nickelback, Fuel, Staind, 3 Doors Down etc, all sound the same. And Chris sounds like a carbon copy of those stooges. He's no Idol.

Katharine is my favourite. I want her to marry me! (If Kellie Pickler turns me down!)
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby ANGRY » Thu May 18, 2006 2:09 am

wow...i don't know if the most amazing thing is that i wasn't surprised by elliots leaving ( though, i've been enjoying most of his performances more that katherines (with the exception of 'over the rainbow', which was pretty good...but reminded my of that american singer, the female..the one who died tragically before her career could take off (i'm totally ashamed at not remembering her name...it'll come to me...what a stunning voice !)))
...or the percentages of votes which seperated the 3...
...holy cows from katmandu batman !
.60 or something from top to bottom !?! i think it was 33.68 - 33.26 and 33.06..out of over 50,000,0000...just about an even split...talk about squeeking by...

my vote is now firmly with taylor...'dancing in the dark' was ok...but he was totally awesome on the other two...i'd buy his album TODAY if it were out...i am not joking.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RickStark79 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:42 pm

I gotta vote for Katherine, although I think the people will end up picking Taylor. Kat has an amazing voice, and she's such a polished performer. Taylor's really entertaining, and has a pretty solid voice, but he doesn't really have a future in music. More often than not, he just looks goofy up there -- or as Simon would say, a wedding singer. That being said, Taylor probably needs to win this more than Katherine. He'll need the extra publicity and marketing. She'll do fine no matter what.
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat May 20, 2006 3:05 pm

OK...a dose of reality may be needed. Chris was by far the best singer..then Elliott (get that boy some braces!). Taylor is ok, but has too much Ray/Cocker in him, which ain't original, folks--It's just spastic---he may sell a bit, but it will be short-lived--he's like your local old dude who is singing at the pub--pretty good, but that's why they invented Karaoke nights. McPuke is so annoying and a total spoiled brat--and should have gone home long ago---her perfomances are either just decent or horrificly uninteresting..Underwood was far better, I think, (and country makes me hurl!)--it's been a very down year for Idol, talent-wise, except for Chris D. He has the goods. Anyone else have a hard time believing the voting was that close last week? I am beginning to finally get the idea that something really stinks at the Idol (and it aint Randy's shoes). And someone please get Abdul into rehab--it's sad to watch.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Sat May 20, 2006 7:58 pm

Steve-o,

I agree with everything you said except that Chris is the best singer. I think Elliott was far better overall that Chris and Taylor is not an old dude he is within a few years of all the other contestants.

The crack about the braces really sums up why people like Katherine get to the final two, shallow people doing the voting. Who cares if he needs braces if he has talent. This world is so intolerant of normal human looking people in the spotlight. I for one get tired of seeing cookie cutter people and people like Elliott and Taylor with their imperfections are far more easy for the public to relate to because they look like 99% of the human race.

I agree that Paula needs help, she is pathetic to watch.
ddr

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV