The younger Beatle

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

The younger Beatle

Postby dsnito » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:48 am

Unfortunately he passed away so prematurely...he could be producing so much more yet if he was alive, "Isn't It A Pity?" as he sang...
He was the younger but a very talented guitar player of The Fabs.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:51 am

George's greatness definitely wasn't fully realized until later years. I can't wait for his last album to be released. Apparently, his son Dhani has been working on it. His last single 'A Horse To Water' is a BRILLIANT tune.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:02 pm

Me too, I can't stand to wait that!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:09 pm

I didn't bought yet his late "ATMP" remasterized and with new versions songs, did you, Ram and fellows?? I have no idea about that yet!! I wish I could buy everthing is released but it turns too expensive, so I have to get those bit by bit, it ain't easy brothers!!![:(]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:28 pm

quote:I didn't bought yet his late "ATMP" remasterized and with new versions songs, did you, Ram and fellows??

Nope, don't have it either.

quote: I wish I could buy everthing is released but it turns too expensive, so I have to get those bit by bit, it ain't easy brothers!!!

I hear ya, buddy. There are SO MANY albums that are on my "wish list." But I just don't have the money to get them all at once.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:51 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
I didn't bought yet his late "ATMP" remasterized and with new versions songs, did you, Ram and fellows?? I have no idea about that yet!! I wish I could buy everthing is released but it turns too expensive, so I have to get those bit by bit, it ain't easy brothers!!![:(]

Peace.

I did get it a while back. It's great. I dont have a turntable anymore, so i hadn't heard ATMP in close to 10 years. Great album...I'm not THAT thrilled with the added songs, but it was a nice touch. I DO wish they had left the cover the classic Black & White, however.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:26 am

I presume we are talking about the 30th anniversary reissue on 2 CDs? I got that nearly a year ago. It was the first time I'd heard the album, and it took a few months to grow on me. But I get it now. The bonus tracks on CD1 are quite interesting, I felt [:)]
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby mr. kite » Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:32 am

My copy of ATMP is also in vinyl and the few times I listened to it the "popcorn" sound is more audible now that's why I don't enjoy much listening to it. Getting a copy of the new one may not happen till it's christmas time yet.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:43 am

"ATMP" is a George's masterpiece but in the other hand, "Extra Texture" is his weakest work, I think that's a sad album, maybe for his divorce with Patty that time, letting him melancholic.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:02 pm

Dark Horse is not one of my faves. His voice was so strained, critics at the time called it "Dark Hoarse". LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to GEORGE