Do you just love the "Former Beatle" persona

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:24 pm

Man, I just laugh every time I see "Former Beatle" Paul McCartney . . .

I do realize there are a lot of uneducated people out there, but I would think anyone who knows how to read a newspaper in the civilized world would recognize the name Paul McCartney. Of there are many who may not but I just think it's funny the media caters to the minority rather that the vast majority.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:24 pm

I do realize there are a lot of uneducated people out there, but I would think anyone who knows how to read a newspaper in the civilized world would recognize the name Paul McCartney. Of there are many who may not but I just think it's funny the media caters to the minority rather that the vast majority.
Mike

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:37 pm

Mike, (excuse me, Mr. Admin. LOL), great point! I've felt the exact same way. I get sick of hearing "Former Beatle" Paul McCartney. As if the public has no idea who he is.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:40 pm

I think that's because "THE BEATLES" is a strong brand on each one of the formers in all the times... 100 years from now, the media and most of people will still calling any of them as a "Former-Beatle"!!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:47 pm

Very true, Nito. But it still gets old. It feels like the media thinks the public is stupid...like they have to explain everything to us. "Paul McCartney, the ex-bass player for The Beatles...." "Paul McCartney catapulted to stardom with The Beatles in 1964..." No, really?? LOL
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:51 pm

Nito--By the way, I've noticed that your English has MUCH improved over the past few months since you've been on this forum. I guess this place is good practice for you. Especially with over 700 posts, lol. Seriously, I'm impressed.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:40 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Nito--By the way, I've noticed that your English has MUCH improved over the past few months since you've been on this forum. I guess this place is good practice for you. Especially with over 700 posts, lol. Seriously, I'm impressed.

I'm thankful to you forum fellows, I'm learning much with y'all and it's very true, the best way to learn is practising the language THOUGH a personal conversation is much different than typing here...with a dictionary in the hand!! LOL[:D][:I]
If I could try to TALK with you...I don't know... could be a shame on me!!
A 5 yrs old American or British or any English language country child
may speak much much better than me!!LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:59 pm

quote:Originally posted by admin

Yep..that's ALWAYS bothered me. It's like he hasn't done anything over the last 32 years.....grrrrrrr
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby shinestar » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:29 pm

I feel the same as Mike, Ram, and Steve. Also, it sounds like the Beatles are still in existence if someone is a "former" member. Big Sigh here!!!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:18 am

Indeed. I mean, it's not as if Paul is the only one. All four of them lived with that Beatle tag over their heads ever since the split - which is unfortunate because they are all very good in their own right!
Liam OSM

Next

Return to Paul as a Beatle