CSNY 2006 U.S. Tour

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

CSNY 2006 U.S. Tour

Postby maccastheman » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:35 pm

I don't know if I can afford it, but CSNY is touring in 2006:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art ... 1002384709

I'm sure everybody's already heard about NY's new album. I hope it doesn't sound too calculated, but that is my fear. With some of his stuff lately he just seems to be striving too hard to be "unpredictable Neil Young." Still, I liked Prairie Wind a lot. I've never seen him before, so this may be my last chance. I don't think I can afford the $250 seats, however. Hopefully he will come to Dallas and there will be affordable lawn tickets.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:02 pm

He is definately worth seeing Neil Young. I guess ther will be an acoustic set and a electric set of songs.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:53 pm

I'm pretty sure that's how most CSNY shows are. (Acoustic and electric) I just don't know what to expect from the CSN side of things. (And I do think it takes at least 3 of them to equal one Y, lol)

CSN just seems so burnt out lately, but Neil just keeps making some great records. (And some not so great ones, but that's NY for you - at least he keeps at it - sometimes he hits, and sometimes he misses. He definately hit on Prairie Wind IMHO)

It would be worth it for me just to see Neil, and maybe his presence will inspire CSN to be better.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 pm

I saw them on their last tour a few years ago(maybe it was more that a few years..hmm?) Anyway, I drag along a friend who HATES Neil Young...and he enjoyed the show more than I did!! I was bored to tears for some reason. Luckly, Neil rocked out a few times and brought some life to the show. I'm sure it was just me, because it got good reviews. I hate it when that happens. :wink:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:11 am

I'm sure Neil's presence will inspire the whole thing....I never seen them with or without Young. I'd love to though, some beautiful harmonies for sure.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Music - Other Artists