TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME

What's your favourite team, player, passtime.

Moderator: Mike

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME

Postby ddr » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:21 am

Holy Cow! Spring is in the air and we are only days away from opening day in Major League Baseball. Other than at a Paul concert I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be than in the stands with a cold one on a hot summer day.
I thought it would be fun to keep abreast of the season here as well as finding out others predictions and favorite teams etc...

I am a true blue Cubs fan and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While in my heart I always want a first place finish we are in serious need of heathly pitchers to accomplish that. I think the addition of Juan Pierre as a lead off batter will prove to be a good one so I am the picture of optimism as the season begins.

Best game I've ever been to, either Cubs vs Cards at Wrigley during the McGuire, Sosa homerun contest with each of the producing and the Cubs winning or Cubs vs Mets in the early 80's when we shut down Doc Gooden 9-0 when he was in his prime.

Most hated team - Cardinals and Yankees (not St Louis or New York residents so please don't take offense)

Can't wait to hear some fun fan stories.

ddr
ddr

Postby RickStark79 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:01 pm

I'm from Michigan, so I'm a big Tigers fan, but I too also love The Cubbies!! I got to go to Wrigley Field last year for the first time -- it was so awesome!

I think Leyland could actually keep the Tigers in the hunt for the postseason, but they're in a very tough division! I'm hoping the Cubs can make some noise too! If only Prior and Wood could stay healthy! :-)
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:02 pm

RickStark79 - I attended a game in the old Tigers stadium when I was 13. It's nice that you are a Tigers and Cubs fan. Wrigley is awesome! There really is no other experience in major league baseball to compare to it. When the Cubs are hot that place is out of control!

I didn't get tickets for Wrigley this year our family is going to Miller Park in Milwaukee for a couple of Cubs away games. Should be good games, I think the Cubs can beat the Brewers.

ddr
ddr

Postby chris » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:00 pm

well, I am just so tickled that I will not be suffering this years Cub team alone. Welcome aboard, guys. I have all of my usual April optimism. I reallt wish someone would hand Prior the ball in like...January, so he can work out all of his kinks and be ready for the start of the season. Good luck. If we can only hang on till mid April when Wood comes back, we might be a happoier bunch.

Wrigley Field tickets are awfully hard to come by. but I have made my yearly trek up to Milwaukee to see the Cubs play the Brewers three years in a row. Miller park is as nice a stadium there is.

I didn't even have a prob with the Sox wining last year. I didn't exactly enjoy it either, but I didn't root against them. If only I didn't have to put up with their fans"...When did YOU guys last win one?" I don't really have a reply for that one.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:44 am

Lot's of great beer, memories,(those I can remember) :wink: and hitting (not pitching) :cry: at Fenway Park with the Red Sox in Boston.
Enjoyed San Diego's Petco some and really jazzed- up for San Francisco's waterfront park (no coporate logo here)! MIXED feelings on Barry - but it will be a trip!
Saw MACCA with a Yankees cap on a couple days after his Concert For New York show while he caught a game @ Yankee Stadium!
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ddr » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:18 pm

CUBS WIN!!!!!!! CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!!! CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Sox won too.

ddr
ddr

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:25 pm

Let's Go Blue Jays !
Let's Play Ball !
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:32 pm

Cursed Broken Wrist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Derek Lee, Poor Cubbies, Poor Cub Fans :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ddr

Postby james1985 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:08 pm

Go Dodgers! (i saw LA Dodgers V Cubs in 2003 so i count myself as a Dodgers fan!)
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:52 pm

james1985 wrote:Go Dodgers! (i saw LA Dodgers V Cubs in 2003 so i count myself as a Dodgers fan!)

James, you ROCK!!! The Dodgers are THE TEAM!!! I've been a Dodger fan as long as I've been alive (my father is a huge fan). They won the World Series when I was about 10 years old and it was one of the greatest memories of my youth.

My father and I saw them sweep the Cubs at Wrigley Field in Chicago back in 2002, and Tommy Lasorda sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" - and asked everybody to "root root root for the Dodgers!" Cubs fans didn't like that too much, but my Dad and I sure did. 8) Another great memory.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Sports & Recreation