WHY MACCA IS MY FAVOURITE BEATLE

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby amateur » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:01 am

admiral_halsey wrote:It's true that Paul had started writing his own songs before John had, but I think it's more the fact that Paul was very gifted musically (I'm not saying John wasn't), but John had more of a raw musical talent and Paul was more technical.

Yes, I AGREE WITH YOU, I MEAN, I REALLY CONSIDER THAT PAUL KNOWS MORE THAN JOHN.. KIND OF...

ANYWAY, I THINKG JOHN IS GOOD, BUT.... NOT A LOT AS PAUL :D...
Come on baby, we can get much higher
amateur

Postby amateur » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:03 am

admiral_halsey wrote:It's true that Paul had started writing his own songs before John had, but I think it's more the fact that Paul was very gifted musically (I'm not saying John wasn't), but John had more of a raw musical talent and Paul was more technical.

Yes, I AGREE WITH YOU, I MEAN, I REALLY CONSIDER THAT PAUL KNOWS MORE THAN JOHN.. KIND OF...

ANYWAY, I THINKG JOHN IS GOOD, BUT.... NOT A LOT AS PAUL :D...
amateur

Postby EddieV » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:09 am

Paul made many of John and Georges songs great by adding backing vocal, bass and sometimes great pianoplaying.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby amateur » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:10 pm

EddieV wrote:Paul made many of John and Georges songs great by adding backing vocal, bass and sometimes great pianoplaying.

YES...

THE WORST THING IS THAT THEY DIDN'T REALIZE ABOUT IT
amateur

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:26 pm

Paul made many of John and Georges songs great by adding backing vocal, bass and sometimes great pianoplaying.

I'm sure the same can be said going in the other directions too......which is why the 4 of them, are the Beatles. 8)
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:12 am

Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:27 am

that was cute!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby admiral_halsey » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:25 am

However much you love Paul, you gotta love all 4 of em really. It's the Fab Four, COME ON!! :lol: :lol:

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby btls4ever1940 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:01 pm

I have always regarded John as my favorite Beatle b/c he stuck out more during Beatle mania, well to me anyway. It seemed he got into different stuff before the rest of them, plus he was the comical one and seemed to speak for the group. But as time wears on (and after I read Cynthia Lennon's book) I tend to lean more towards Paul b/c he is so generous and he's real. Some people give him crap for writing love songs but if that is all he has in his heart can anyone fault him for that? I don't know if we can compare Paul and John's music b/c John took some time off and he died 25 years ago. In my opinion, George, Paul, and John were all geniuses in their own right. When they broke up they each made totally different music.
btls4ever1940

Postby Cor Angais » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:22 pm

I think Paul was always my favorite because his drive and passion for the group was always so prevelent. You can always give him the "cheerleader" title when it came to the group, plus he came up with the "Sgt. Pepper" and "Magical Mystery Tour" concepts while, during this period, John and George especially were so busy with LSD. Plus he was always (and is) charming, clear-minded, showbiz-conscious, and a people-pleaser. If it weren't for Paul, the Beatles probably would have disbanded around '67, I think.
Cor Angais

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle