New albums from Julian and Sean

Discussions of Beatle-related news & artists such as Badfinger, James Taylor, Mary Hopkins.

Moderator: Mike

New albums from Julian and Sean

Postby EddieV » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:04 pm

John Lennon's Sons To Release Albums This Year
John Lennon's sons Julian and Sean look set to reignite their long-running feud with a new chart battle - after both announcing plans to release albums this year. Julian, who was born during the late Beatle's first marriage to Cynthia Lennon, and Sean, whose mother is John's widow Yoko Ono, sparked their first public spat eight years ago when they controversially released CDs on the same day.

And Sean, 30, refuses to deny the possibility of another clash with his 43-year-old half-brother: "I'm just finishing the cover design. Then it's up to the record label when it comes out."

A source tells British newspaper the Daily Express, "The fact that both brothers are finally bringing out new albums is interesting in itself. Their release dates will be crucial. It seems Sean's album is further down the line, but this doesn't rule out a battle of the brothers - whether either of them like it or not."
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:06 pm

I didn´t know that they weren´t getting along, Julian and Sean??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Laura » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:19 pm

I would buy Julians new album
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby piami » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:00 pm

I haven't been overly impressed with Sean's work. Vallote is still one of my favorites, though. Boy, oh, boy! When Paul was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and they had the jam at the end, I saw Julian sneaking in from backstage and I thought it was ON! Julian joining Paul for a couple Beatles tunes. But....it wasn't to be. (sigh)

I wouldn't mind seeing Julian Lennon, Dahni Harrison and James McCartney doing a project together. But that, too, is probably just a Pipe Dream. Could you imagine the pressure they'd shoulder?
piami

Postby james1985 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:05 pm

can't say I'm that intersested in them to be honest. Would they have record deals if it wasn't for their surname? I doubt it.

I don't have anything against either of them, but they only sell records because of who their father is and the Lennon Legend.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Soutine » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:27 pm

james1985 wrote:can't say I'm that intersested in them to be honest. Would they have record deals if it wasn't for their surname? I doubt it.

I don't have anything against either of them, but they only sell records because of who their father is and the Lennon Legend.

I don't know about Sean but Julian has put out some great music, Valotte & Photograph Smile are excellent albums I think his work stands on it's own !
Soutine

Postby maccastheman » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:37 pm

You kind of have to look at this both ways - true, it is very doubtful either of them would have recording contracts were it not for who their father is. But some offspring produce some great music - June Carter wrote one of the greatest country songs of all time, "Ring of Fire." Rufus Wainwright's work far exceeds his father's work IMHO.

Julian's work is great, and I actually don't mind Sean's album, either. :oops: I'll probably check both of them out.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby amazedbypaul » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:56 pm

If it is true that Sean and Julian feud then I think that's really sad. I mean
Julian got short changed spending time with his Dad when he was still alive and Sean got short changed when he was murdered. :cry:
Maybe one day they could reconcile and write some music together if Yoko could keep her nose out of it. I wonder if they really even know each other at all?

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:29 am

I'll be honest and say I really don't know Sean's work....Julian's work I do like....he has a good voice,he sounds like the old man. That's not a bad thing.

He can write a decent pop tune, who says julian couldnt get a contract on his own merit? Mike Penn did, Neil Finn did....Both extremely Beatle-like!

And Sean too for that matter....I'm sure he as an audience...that whole Rufus wainright pretentous crowd....just may buy Sean's album if he wasn't a Lennon

Any reason for no "Sean music" on MaccaRadio Mike?
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:04 am

My favourite Sean songs are Mystery Juice and Home. Look forward to new albums by both these guys. I would still listen to them even if they were some unknown dude living round the corner from me - I give anyone the time of day, irrespective of their surname. :wink:
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Next

Return to The Beatles: Related Discussions