American Idol

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby ddr » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:44 am

I believe I read somewhere that Beatles tunes are not able to be used on American Idol, not sure about Macca tunes though.

Queen tunes should be fun this week.
ddr

Postby EddieV » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:30 am

ddr wrote:Eddie V - I can see how you could choose your favorite based on looks (I think Taylor is a cutie) but I think that is why Ace has stuck around so long. Catherine is definitely beautiful but do you think she has the best vocals? No one is really sticking out as superior to the rest like I thought Kelly Clarkson did on season one. I think Elliott has a great voice but doesn't choose songs to show it.

ddr

I don´t know if Katherine has the best voice. I can´t even vote over here in Europe, but if I could I would vote for her or Taylor.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:36 pm

O.k. ladies and germs let's get ready for Queen

This will be the best damn night American Idol ever had!

Tonight's Top Picks: Chris Daughtry and Elliott Yamin. Taylor Hicks is my Favorite to win it all, but I feel that maybe Freddy's voice is too strong for Taylor. I'm really not sure if Taylor can project his voice like Freddy. Whereas Chris and Elliott may be able to stretch it a bit!

I also feel the best thing for the girls to do tonight is...maybe some softer Freddy such as "Best Friend" "Play The Game" "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" with ofcourse Katharine doing "Body Language"! 8)

anyway....I think its going to be a great show!
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:07 pm

O.k. now that the smoke has cleared,

My top 3 : Chris, Elliott, Paris
Bottom 3: Ace ,Bucky, Taylor

Kelly and Katharine done respectable versions of their chosen songs.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:22 pm

I definitely think Elliott gave the performance of the night. He needed it after being in the bottom 3 last week

How can you not love Taylor just for the fact that the guy seems to get totally absorbed in his songs and he just lets them take him away.

Bottom three - Ace, Bucky and Paris

Overall a very challenging night.
ddr

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:24 pm

Couldn't disagree more!

Top three were Katharine, Taylor and Kelly! And Paris and Elliot did really well also. Even Bucky pulled off Fat Bottomed Girls ok! But Chris and Ace were awful! Chris picked a horrible song and he performed it in his over-the-top I can only sing one kind of style voice! But say goodbye to Ace -- he was absolutely horrible!!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:45 pm

I agree with everything you said about Chris, I just think he still has too many fans to make the bottom three.

Ace did suck this week.
ddr

Postby kylestyle » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:34 am

I'm going to have to resist reading this thread. We are getting American Idol here in New Zealand, but we are so far behind, they have only aired the last day of auditions today. Next week, the Hollywood eliminations begin.

I love every series of Idol. Those contestants seem to get weirder and weirder as each year passes!
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby ANGRY » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:13 am

been at work, so i haven't seen the results show: elliot or ace ought to go...both absolutely sucked BGDD's last night...and chris was nearly as abysmal..all three were the worst...by far...
kelly was the surprise of the evening..i thought she was smashing ! if she could just learn how to move, she could almost give katherine a run for the $$ with performances like this one.
taylor was the best, but i'm prejuduced on that one.
i liked paris' performance...but her get-up...watsupwidat ?!? i felt all sort of slimy even watching it...a little too much for such a young thing...i'm no prude or anything...but yeesh...i kept expecting a janet jackson moment !
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ddr » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:23 pm

I thought tonights show was much better all around. Rod Stewart seems like such a fun guy doesn't he?

Finally, I thought Catherine was great! I really liked her early on but not lately but tonight she was really good.

Bottom three - Kelly, Elliott and Ace

I hope Elliott sticks around he is really talented.

Tired of Paris and Chris

Taylor is still my man!
ddr

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV