New Audioslave Album on the Way!

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

New Audioslave Album on the Way!

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:52 am

Get ready to rock out with the best -- Audioslave have a new album on the way, and it's set to be a heavy-hitting affair, states Top40-Charts.com.

The album was tracked 3 weeks ago with Brendan O'Brien as a producer, who mixed Soundgarden's "Superunknown" and produced Rage Against The Machine's "Evil Empire" and "The Battle Of Los Angeles."

Click Here!
Guitarist Tom Morello told MTV that the new album is an "ass-kicker." He also said that Audioslave's third record is "really unique" and "as hard-rockin' an album as we've ever made."

"If you want your ass kicked, you've come to the right place," he added. "And you may have the opportunity to shake that ass too."

Audioslave's new LP doesn't have a firm title or release date yet, but Morello describes it as "Led Zeppelin meets Earth, Wind & Fire."

Tom Morello also told MTV News that tracks he's sure will be featured on the CD are Until We Fall, Moth, Revelations, One In The Same, Sound Of A Gun, Shape Of Things To Come, Broken City, Original Fire and Wide Awake, which is "the most political song Audioslave's ever written, and it's a scathing condemnation of the Bush administration's failures in the wake of Hurricane Katrina," he said. "It's a sad, powerful and angry song."
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:27 am

i am so there...been enjoying the first two far more than i ever got into RATM or soundgarden...very intrigued by the EW&F allusion...hmmmmm
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:21 am

Audioslave to me have always been a watered-down amalgam of Soundgarden and Rage, some good moments but never reaching the same heights and it kinda made me feel sad and made me wish for Mr Cornell to regroup Soundgarden. I hope this 3rd Audioslave album turns me around. Otherwise, it will continue to be the entire Superunknown album and a solitary Audioslave song (Like A Stone) on my Ipod. That's how I view the situation. Oh and a couple of Rage songs (Vietnow, Killing in the Name of and Guerilla Radio).
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:47 am

I have to agree with Angry , I too prefer Audioslave over Soundgarden (though Soundgarden were great) Audioslave to me, sounds free, a breath of freshness. Whereas Soundgarden was clumped into a genre where many bands of the time were doing much the same.(not thier fault I know)

I was never into Rage Against the Machine. Maybe it was those vocals;who knows.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Music - Other Artists