The Colbert Report

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

The Colbert Report

Postby maccastheman » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:51 pm

This show is outrageously funny. Pure genius. This guy has Bill O'Reilly pegged. I like how he justified George W. Bush's low approval ratings by equating higher approval ratings with Hitler. "At his peak Adolph Hitler had a 99.9 % approval rating. The lower George W. Bush's approval rating, the less like Hitler he is." He then said John F. Kennedy was much more like Hitler with a 63% approval rating. Just hysterical.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:37 pm

You know, I haven't watched it yet.....my brother swares by it!
very very funny from what I hear....from my understanding it is a little my right wing friendly.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:58 pm

That's the genius of it... You don't know if they are making fun of the right wing or if they are supporting it. I think there's a little bit of both going on. Some of the absurd statements point to the former, but at the same time he never really lets his guard down. It's just really funny when he has people like Al Franken on there and he starts the interview by saying something like, "Why do you hate America so much?" And like I said, he never really lets his guard down so you almost think he's being serious, but the audience is laughing hysterically at the questions. That's why I think it's basically a Bill O'Reilly spoof. It sure makes me laugh every time I see it! :lol:
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:11 pm

sounds great!

like I said my brother...the progressive conservative loves it.....he too calls it brilliant
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Movies & TV