Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Postby james1985 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 am

Had their new album "Show Your Bones" for almost a week now and it's fantastic. They really have progressed into a great band. A lot of the album has a "walking through the desert" feel to it.

Anyone else into them?
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:23 pm

The first time I heard them I thought Karen O sounded a lot like Chrissie Hynde. I can't remember what song it was. It was about 2 years ago. I haven't heard the new album yet. I'm going to have to listen to more of their stuff.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:52 am

Yes I too have had Show Your Bones for a couple of weeks now and I think it's a great great great grrrrreeeeat album!

Have been a fan of YYY for a couple of years now, Fever To Tell had some fantastic moments too, and their debut EP is amazing too - Bang! is my fave YYY track, the chorus lyric is genius! Rich would be my 2nd fave YYY track and then closely followed by everything on Show Your Bones. :D

If you love Karen O and Show Your Bones, you should get a hold of Kaleidoscope by Siouxsie and the Banshees - a VERY similar-sounding album of equally great quality. Interesting you say it has a 'walking thru the desert' feel - one of the tracks on Kaleidoscope is 'Desert Kisses'! 8)
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to Music - Other Artists