McCartney Against Milk ?

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:31 pm

I've read more than once, that at a certain age, the human body has a very difficult time digesting cows milk. It's a little different with some cheeses and yogurt though. I could never give up yogurt. Love the stuff. :)
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:42 am

femaleanimal wrote:People`s ignorance about milk really astounds me. It is food meant for baby cows, not humans of any age. It is certainly unhealthy (and it has been suggested that Linda`s excessive consumption of dairy may have caused her cancer). It is also extraordinarily cruel, turning cows into milk machines, and producing many unwanted calves. As for what Paul`s children think of it - James has been a vegan for many years, and Paul said he was constantly trying to convert the rest of the family.

if you can show me someone who has died from milk, then i'll be impressed. until then, this argument is rediculous :x
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Highamster » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:20 pm

People`s ignorance about milk really astounds me. It is food meant for baby cows, not humans of any age. It is certainly unhealthy (and it has been suggested that Linda`s excessive consumption of dairy may have caused her cancer). - femaleanimal

Prove that it's unhealthy. Give me some medical documents and facts. Cow Milk is a good source for Vitamins D, K, B12 and A. You also get a healthy dose of Iodine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Magnesium, Thiamine and linoleic acid and....oh wait a sec, what's this now? Cow milk also includes selenium? What the hell's that doing in milk!? We can't have cancer preventive trace mineral in cows milk can we? After all, Heather has just proved that cows milk causes cancer. :roll:
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:36 pm

Why is everyone getting all upset? :shock:

1. FAT AND CHOLESTEROL
Dairy products are high in saturated fat and cholesterol . The dairy industry has cleverly expressed fat content as a % of weight. Using this system, 2%-milk sounds like a low fat product. However, expressed as a % of total calories, 2%-milk is in fact 31% fat! Whole milk is 49% fat, cheese is 60-70% fat and butter is 100% fat. Eating such foods contributes to the development of heart disease, cancer and stroke.
2. IRON DEFICIENCY
Iron deficiency is more likely on a dairy-rich diet. Cow's milk is very low in iron . In addition, clinical studies have shown that infants consuming cow's milk lose some blood from their digestive tracts. For this reason pediatricians recommend that infants below one year of age not be given cow's milk.
3. DIABETES
Insulin dependent diabetes (Type I) is linked to dairy products. A specific dairy protein sparks an auto immune reaction which destroys the insulin producing cells of the pancreas.
4. OVARIAN CANCER
Ovarian cancer is linked to dairy products. The milk sugar lactose is broken down in the body into another sugar, galactose. In turn, galactose is broken down further by enzymes. According to studies done at Harward, when dairy product consumption exceeds the enzymes' capacity to break down galactose, there is a build-up of galactose in the blood, which may affect a woman's ovaries. Some women have low levels of these enzymes, and when they consume dairy products on a regular basis, their risk of ovarian cancer can be triple that of other women. The problem is the milk sugar, not the milk fat, so low fat dairy products cannot solve this problem. In fact, yogurt and cottage cheese seem to be of most concern because the bacteria used in their manufacture increase the production of galactose from lactose.
5. CATARACTS
Cataracts are also linked to dairy products. The galactose that is a breakdown product of lactose also appears to be capable of damaging the lens of the eye, leading to cataracts.
6. LACTOSE INTOLERANCE
Many people are unable to digest the milk sugar, lactose. Diarrhea and gas can result. On the other hand, they may consider themselves lucky. Those who can tolerate lactose, cannot rapidly breakdown the galactose which circulates in their blood, contributing to cataracts and ovarian cancer, as noted above. Lactose intolerance may be nature's early warning system.
7. FOOD ALLERGIES
Milk is one of the most common causes of food allergies. Respiratory problems, canker sores, skin conditions, and other allergies can be caused by dairy products. The sad thing is that many people never know that their problems are caused by dairy sensitivity. A break from dairy products often leads to surprising improvements. Asthmatics, in particular, should give themselves a long vacation from dairy products to see whether their condition improves.
8. TOXINS
Like any other animal product, mammary secretions contain frequent contaminant, from pesticides to drugs. About a third of all milk products are contaminated with antibiotic traces. The dairy industry slogan "something for every body" takes on a different meaning, doesn't it?
9. OSTEOPOROSIS
Dairy products, despite common myths, do not stop osteoporosis. Evidence shows that the rate of bone loss is largely unaffected by dairy products . Numerous studies have shown that the countries with the highest intake of dairy products also have the highest incidence of osteoporosis. High protein foods, such as meat, eggs and dairy products leach calcium from the body by causing excessive calcium loss through the kidneys, making the kidneys work harder and causing loss of minerals such as calcium.
10. COLIC
One out of every five babies suffers from colic. Pediatricians learned long ago that cows' milk was often the reason. Moreover, breast feeding mothers can have colicky babies if the mothers are consuming cow's milk. The cows' antibodies can pass through the mother's blood stream into her breast milk and to the baby .
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:04 pm

Geez, that's a whole lot of "food for thought"; I just knew the bit about infants and also when you've got a stomach problem you're supposed not to have any milk. Are the supposedly beneficial effects just rumours spread by the dairy industry, I wonder? For instance, the "detoxifying" effect which leads to some people consuming it when hung over??

Also, I can imagine such a long list of damaging effects could be drawn up for various ingredients of our daily diet. Tomatoes, for instance, are highly allergenic and some infants do not tolerate them. And a brother-in-law of mine has suffered from an allergy to oranges. There's hardly anything free from any negative side-effects :(
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:19 pm

I should point out, that I stole that info from a site called milksucks.com. No, really..it's true

I know if I drink milk, as much as I like the taste...it truely hates me later on. The question is though...is it the milk, or all the bad stuff the poor cow has put into it's body that is affecting me?
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Highamster » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:35 am

Are you lactose intolerant by any chance?

Alot on that list is purely circumstancial, I don't have overies and I'm not going to pour milk in my eye to help give me cateracts. I highly doubt many people are dumb enough to use milk as a source for iron aswell. :lol: That website just comes accross as vegan propaganda, I don't trust it.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Laura » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:31 pm

I drink 1% milk its not bad
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:28 pm

Are you lactose intolerant by any chance?

Oh probably. The thing is, when I was your age, I drank gallons of the stuff and it never bothered me a bit. Now that I'm old and feeble, I get gas from spring water....go figure. :? :)
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:10 pm

femaleanimal wrote: It is food meant for baby cows, not humans of any age. It is certainly unhealthy

Then why, exactly, would human mothers naturally produce breastmilk for their newborn children?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues