5150 20th Anniversary

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

5150 20th Anniversary

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:14 pm

It's kinda late to be doing this, but March 24th marked the 20th anniversary of Van Halen's legendary multi-platinum album "5150". This was the band's first album to reach #1 on the Billboard charts, and it spawned a ton of classics like "Why Can't This Be Love", "Dreams", "Love Walks In", and "Best Of Both Worlds". The album eventually sold 6 million copies. It's my #3 favorite album of all time. I think something should be done for it's 20th Anniversary. I'm thinking the original album with bonus un-released tracks, PLUS a whole bonus CD with demos, outtakes and live tracks, AND a DVD featuring the album in surround sound, the music videos for "Dreams", "5150" and "Best Of Both Worlds", plus "The Legacy Of 5150" documentary, featuring interviews with Sammy, Eddie, Alex and Mike, plus Don Landee, Mick Jones, and a few other people. BTW:The Legacy Of 5150 isn't a real documentary, it's just a name I thought up for if a documentary for the album were to ever be made. Anyway, I love 5150 so much. I got it on vinyl, cassette and CD. I'm planning to buy ALL of the 7"/45 RPM singles off the album when I get my next paycheck to show my devotion.
UsagiAndMamoru

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:06 am

Has it been 20 years since I was drinking beers with my buds and rocking out to this great album?!?! Holy crap!

What are the guys from Van Halen up to anywho?
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:59 am

I read the topic and my first thought was Rush's 2112....funny how the brain works. :oops:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:16 am

HavenĀ“t heard from them for a while. What are they up to??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Except for the tune Jump, I was disinterested in Van Halen until 5150, had considered them little more than big hair schlock. Roth was a clown----Eddie was a master fretsman, no doubt, yet with lousy material. Jump was apparently the shadow of good things to come, not to mention the dumping Roth.

5150 really turned my ear though, great songwriting and great everything else. I agree Usoggy, it deserves a special re-release package. 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:45 am

theDingle wrote:Except for the tune Jump, I was disinterested in Van Halen until 5150, had considered them little more than big hair schlock. Roth was a clown----Eddie was a master fretsman, no doubt, yet with lousy material. Jump was apparently the shadow of good things to come, not to mention the dumping Roth.

5150 really turned my ear though, great songwriting and great everything else. I agree Usoggy, it deserves a special re-release package. 8)

Well there's somebody who speaks my language! :D
UsagiAndMamoru

Return to Music - Other Artists