American Idol

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby ddr » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:56 am

I was a bit surprised by McPhee too but honestly what Simon said was true, any one of them could have made the bottom three based on Tuesdays performances.
I enjoyed Taylor's restraint when performing this time but prefer his usual enthusiasm.
Bucky must have alot of friends huh? He may get by another week with country being the theme for next week. Still think him and Pickler should sing a duet.

Anyone else sick of Chris? He must be confused though since first Simon told him he was the only idol to not compromise and that was a good thing and now Simon tells him not to do the same thing over and over and do something different.

ddr
ddr

Postby ANGRY » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:25 am

on one hand, i could see chris being confused by simon remark, on the other...he IS beginning to sound exactly the same, only, with a harder edge each week., does he not have a different delivery ? i thought seacrests asking him about his version of 'walk the line' was a stunner...after being touted as 'chris' interpretation..only to find out he was channeling Live...whoa...
taylor was restrained, it was good to see he can be, i do prefer his more enthusiastic way, too...but, he, too, has gotta show some more facets...simon WAS right to point out that none did very good...but...mcphee was FAR better than bucky or pickler..or, even, paris...
speaking of mr seacrest...his attitude, esp. towards simon, who is, more often than not, entirely correct (imho) is really beginning to annoy the heck out of me...i expect these kids to up the ante and challenge each other, but most seem to just drift along...simons not there to kiss their asp..that's paula role, he's there to tell it like it is...
for me...i wish it would soon be 'seacrest...out !" forever...
bring back dunkleman !
(though..i will admit, he has tried, often, to get simon to be more of a 'construtive critic'...and, honestly, that couldn't hurt)
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ddr » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:22 am

Wow Angry you are so right on with your comments! 8) I agree Chris should branch out but if he is trying to listen to Simon's advice it is very difficult if he is going to keep changing his view. I think Chris is getting a little big for his britches anyway.

I didn't think McPhee was good (very lovely girl though) but Paris is getting old as well, she just doesn't do it for me and God forbid she gets voted out she will flood the stage!

I have always said that Simon usually speaks what no one else wants to say but the trouble is that in between all that good truth he throws out something totally useless, usually a personal attack on someones dancing or clothing or weight and that causes his constructive critiques to lose weight with the contestants and the audience. I still like seacrest I think he gives some balance when Simon attacks. Please no dunkleman, he is gone for a reason.

ddr
ddr

Postby RickStark79 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:02 pm

See ya Chris! I have no use for this clown. Good voice, but if I have to hear one more of his Scott Stapp wanna be songs, I'm gonna scream.

Honestly, the only person in this competition who could be a 'star' is Katherine. Maybe Paris. But that's about it.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:07 am

i didn't think any one performed all that well...i actually think, without rewatching it..that the weakest performance was my man taylor..who seemed more out of his element than a polar bear in argentina in july. let's just hope for the best...wednesday night will be a bullet dodged all around..
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ddr » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:43 am

I thought Paris was off key the whole song. It sounded like it was too low for her or something. I wouldn't miss her at this point. Did you notice when she was talking to Ryan before she sang her voice sounded perfectly normal no high pitched baby sounding talk. Then after she sang she went into her baby talk again.

Was weaker for Taylor but he still sounded good just didn't wow anyone.

Didn't care for Mandesa either and was hoping Bucky and Kellie would really blow us away but it was just ok for me (as Randy would say).

ddr
ddr

Postby EddieV » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:08 am

Katherine is so beautiful. she has become my favourite.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:05 am

"EddieV" said:"Katherine is so beautiful. she has become my favourite".

"Guru" said: She is the hottest looking girl to ever come out of "Idol".
Although not one performer floated my boat last week...I'm not a country fan but this week could be alot of fun!
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:11 am

Eddie V - I can see how you could choose your favorite based on looks (I think Taylor is a cutie) but I think that is why Ace has stuck around so long. Catherine is definitely beautiful but do you think she has the best vocals? No one is really sticking out as superior to the rest like I thought Kelly Clarkson did on season one. I think Elliott has a great voice but doesn't choose songs to show it.

ddr
ddr

Postby Paul_Fan » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:34 am

They should do a Paul Week because they have done Stevie, country, 50's week, they should do a Macca week. EMAIL AND COMPLAIN!!!
LOL
These are the days of miracle and wonder....
Paul_Fan
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV