Donald Fagen

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Donald Fagen

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:23 pm

Okay, I'm gonna put it right on the line. I'm 19 years old, and I never really got into Steely Dan (I remember getting mad when they beat Radiohead for the album of the year grammy in 2001), however I've been interested in Fagen's solo material ever since I heard "True Companion" from the Heavy Metal soundtrack, which has a guitar solo that reminds me of Pink Floyd's "Have A Cigar". I bought this CD at Target today, along with David Gilmour's "On An Island", and Morph The Cat is a great album! The only track I needed to skip was track 4 (Brite Nitegown), but the rest of the album is great! I hope to check out his other solo material soon, starting with "The Nightfly", and then moving up from there. One of the best albums to come out this year. Check it out!
UsagiAndMamoru

Postby maccastheman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:29 pm

I agree, Morph the Cat is a great, great album. I think his best solo material at least equals his best work with Steely Dan, but Aja is an incredible album. (The Nightfly is, IMHO, just as good)
You might want to check this thread as well regarding Fagen's other solo albums. :

http://www.macca-central.com/macca-foru ... php?t=1109
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Music - Other Artists