Who had the best beard?

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:33 pm

That's why I ever thought that Beatle-era can be divided in pre and post Sgt.Pepper.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby jet » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:37 pm

I think it was either George or Paul Ram. After the Beatles last tour George went on holiday to India, and while there he grew a moustache. At the same time, Paul apparently went on safari(!) somewhere but didn't want to be recognised, so he grew the moustache as a sort of disguise.
jet

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:51 pm

Jet - And that had the Paul's carcrash episode when he ripped his upper lip and for that he let grow the moustache. That episode further made itself as a clue of "dead" Paul story, on account of Paul's lip scar that made him as an "impostor".

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby jet » Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:28 pm

I heard this story too Dsnito. I think it was actually a motorcycle crash though, in which he also broke one of his front teeth. This happened in the early spring of 1966 and the moustache didn't appear until the autumn of the same year, so I'm not sure if this would be the reason he grew it.
jet

Postby Len » Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:36 pm

It was definitely a car crash. He had an accident in his Aston Martin. Which is why the Paul-Is-Dead-Really-He-Is people always refer to that little car propped up against the doll wearing the Stones t-shirt on the Sgt Pepper album sleeve. The scar on his upper lip wasn't Paul's, apparently, but the impostor's, who'd had plastic surgery to make him look just a little bit more like Paul. Hence the moustache. And the other three grew them too, so it wouldn't look suspicious.

I just LOVE a good conspiracy theory, crap or not! [:D]
Len

Postby Brains » Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:22 pm

He broke one of his teeth during that accident, yes. A couple of years ago the fake tooth fell off, and there was a big photo of Paul missing one tooth on the frontpage of the Sun, taking up half the page. Makes me wonder what other huge news stories those guys print.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:47 pm

Yeah, I have the Paperback Writer promo videos from 1966 (both versions) on which you can clearly see Paul's chipped tooth. Really it looked more than chipped. It looked like half that sucker was totally gone. When he sang, his tongue would fill the space where his tooth was. It's actually kinda funny looking. And strange. It kinda made him look like a little boy who just lost a tooth, if you can imagine that.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:25 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Liam has been absent...Shirl gets active...hmmmm

But you were always there, with a smile....

Hey, I just haven't had anything to say on this topic, that's all! [:p]
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:26 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Liam has skids? Liam! You disrespectful boy!

I'd like a Shemp ****tail...

I do not!

But can you please not delete half the posts so that the "conversation" loses its flow???
Liam OSM

Postby Len » Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:01 pm

Wait... hold on just a sec! There's a flow? You mean these conversations actually make sense on some level? [:D]
Len

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions