top ten (or so) movies of all time

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby ddr » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 pm

Sorry I posted twice, I didn't think it went through. I'm bad.

ddr
ddr

Postby ANGRY » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:35 am

if i were to pick a phoebe cates movie...it'd have to be 'fast times at ridgemont high'

how i blue blazes i could've forgotten stanley kubrick...i've lost my marbles....at least 'a clockwork orange'

i do like older movies, alot, but tend to like the post '60s stuff more these days. i grew up watching all the old greats, cagney in 'white heat' bogey in 'treasure of the sierra madre' and 'african queen'...any hitchcock will do...'rope'....'rear window' north by northwestt' i could go on and on

how about comedy...cary grant in 'mr blandings builds his dream house' or the ealing comedies from britain with alec guiness...all great...abbott and costello... laurel and hardy...CHARLIE freakin' CHAPLIN !

mtm - guess there must be a similar , previous posting...oops...don't have time to check each one ! you'll just have to forgive me :wink:
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:48 am

ANGRY wrote:
mtm - guess there must be a similar , previous posting...oops...don't have time to check each one ! you'll just have to forgive me :wink:

I was just kidding. I just thought the topic sounded somewhat familiar, then I looked it up. Like I said, it's good to update these things every now and then because tastes change, and new movies come out. 8)
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:27 am

mine would be hmmm...

amelie
the fifth element
the big lebowski
ed wood
cape fear (the one with de niro)
the fly (with jeff goldblum)
pulp fiction
rambo first blood
dogma
dumb and dumber!
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby ANGRY » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:08 am

ooooo...'the fly', forgot about that one, came in with a wave of remakes that were superb...like schraders 'cat people' and carpenters 'the thing'...ridley scotts 'alien' and camerons 'aliens' are great movies...

speaking of carpenter...'big trouble in little china' and 'escape from new york'

some underrated ones i love...'vanilla sky'...'hudson hawk'...'the ghost and mr chicken'...'the seven faces of dr lao'...'little big man'

completely never thought of mel brooks...while most think 'blazing saddles ' is his best...i believe it to be 'young frankenstein' a classic !
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:23 am

the films I like are all relly bad and uncultured - i need to watch more of the "classics"

but I like these:

Star Wars classic trilogy (the new ones make me cringe too much :D )
Naked Gun trilogy
Rocky I-IV
Anchorman
Jungle Book
Jurassic Park
Shawshank Redemption
Breakfst at Tiffany's
Forrest Gump
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:00 pm

Nice list, James. Shawshank, in my most humble of opinions, should have actually made MY list too. Just a perfect performance by everyone. Is it just me, or is a movie automatically better if it has Morgan Freeman narrating it? And by the way, there is nothing wrong with appreciateing the bad or silly movies either. I'm sure we all have our guilty pleasures that we'd have to keep secret. Maybe an idea for a new topic?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:14 pm

if i were to pick a phoebe cates movie...it'd have to be 'fast times at ridgemont high' if i were to pick a phoebe cates movie...it'd have to be 'fast times at ridgemont high'

No kidding...when she walked out of the pool in the dream sequence, you could hear an audible sigh from every guy in the theatre. :lol:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:56 am

that...................is putting it mildly... :D
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:09 am

2 of 3 wrote:
if i were to pick a phoebe cates movie...it'd have to be 'fast times at ridgemont high' if i were to pick a phoebe cates movie...it'd have to be 'fast times at ridgemont high'

No kidding...when she walked out of the pool in the dream sequence, you could hear an audible sigh from every guy in the theatre. :lol:

Miss Cates had great talents (OK, not an original line but what the hay)
:D :lol:
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV