Wings

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:54 am

I still say Back Seat Of My Car. It has a certain atmosphere of grandeur and magnificence to it that would work a treat. Then after that's finished, kick in with Helen Wheels, and the audience are putty in his hands!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby jet » Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:56 pm

Back Seat Of My Car - Definitely Liam! I don't know why he has never played this live before. It's an underrated song that would go down brilliant live (as would the majority of the Ram album).
jet

Postby Ram1 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:58 pm

Back Seat of My Car is in my top 10 McCartney songs of all time. However, I don't know if it's strong as an opener. I've been saying for months that I wish Paul would finally play some RAM songs live!
Ram1

Postby jet » Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:03 pm

He certainly should Ram. It's a brilliant album that deserves to be given a lot more exposure.
jet

Postby dsnito » Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:07 pm

That's true that the right way to analyze that Wings stuff is separating Beatle-Paul of Wing-Paul, but it's extremely difficult(to me), because his talent is always still the same, doesn't mind which phase...His creative vein doesn't change, but also it's true that his partner of Beatles age was nobody less than a guy called John Lennon, the half part of those wonderful creations.
As for Wings phase specifcly, it's clear that the group had in a certain way, their own style but leaded of course by Macca, the main head that did almost all of Wings-song collection, and just for that, many songs had that Beatle-like thing, people like that or not(almost all of fans LOVE that). In the other hand, this mine impression must be for knowing well and lived the final of Beatle-era and ever tending to do a comparison between both phases. The younger people that didn't live or didn't know much about The Beatles-era may have another well different view of Wings and having a own opinion about them, but the big fame Paul acquired from that old times is much stronger and is a brand hard to not vizualize.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:30 am

Basically, it's more on the whole "people flaming Paul because John's the one who's dead", thing, I think you're saying, Dsnito?
Liam OSM

Postby dsnito » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:31 am

Yes Liam, summarizing all maybe you´re right!!Thanks!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:32 am

You're most welcome, Dsnito - and you put it very well yourself, too [8D]
Liam OSM

Postby mr. kite » Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:21 am

Well, if all of us want to have more of the Wings set, I think it would be better if the original line-up ( I mean, all of them, in different batches) grouped again for one good reunion concert. That will be a hell of a concert!
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:55 am

It would be rocking, of course. But I don't think it will happen. As you saw in Wingspan, Paul found Linda an irreplacable member of Wings. And with the troubles with Denny Laine of the early eighties, I really don't think Wings will ever get back together again.

Do you guys think that John's death, although almost a year after Paul's drug bust in Japan, also contributed to the end of Wings? I mean, it wasn't officially over until early 1981.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions