Are you a cartoon fan?

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Are you a cartoon fan?

Postby ddr » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:34 am

I love a good cartoon. Let me know what yours are as well.

Top 5 cartoon shows

Anything Warner Brothers
Ren & Stimpy
Spongbob
Betty Boop
Fairly Odd Parents

Best from your Childhood

Casper

Favorite Animated Movie

The Iron Giant
Ice Age

Favorite Cartoon Charactar

Pepe Le Pew

ddr
ddr

Postby theDingle » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:55 pm

I am a cartoon freak. I have season 1+2 of The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show, my all-time faves.

I couldn't really stomach Alvin & the Chipmunks in the 80s, but The Alvin Show was great in the early 60s. Ross Bagdasarian (alter ego: Dave Seville) really got his start as a songwriter for the likes of Rosemary Clooney and others, so no wonder that some of those early Chipmunk tunes were pretty good.

Always used to watch Mr. Magoo when he'd tackle the classics like The 3 Musketeers, Don Quixote or Robin Hood, those were written fairly well. The holiday fave Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol came out of that series.

Leave us not forget The Beatles cartoons--very badly written, really dorky and stereotypical, but dug it anyway. Certainly can't complain about the music!!

I was always a classic Disney freak. I think Bambi was pure excellence, but all those early ones with his direct input were well done. His Toot Whistle Plunk & Boom (a cartoon history of music) from the 50s is another favorite.

I'm a Ren & Stimpy fan too, I like most all of them. The Sinatra spoof Old Blue Nose is a killer!

I've seem a good many latter day Disney/and-otherwise animated features, and many were very enjoyable, but none seem to rock me quite like the old stuff.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Are you a cartoon fan?

Postby T-BONE » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:15 pm

YES!!! My faves are-Popeye-The Beatles- Warner Bros- Fat Albert- Family Guy-and Krypto the Super Dog- 8) :roll: :arrow: :wink:
T-BONE

Postby theDingle » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:45 am

Those earliest Popeye cartoons with the sliding cargo doors intro, those are the best! Half the comedy was catching on to what he was mumbling under his breath and his scat singing, LOL!
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby ddr » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:20 am

How could I forget Rocky & Bullwinkle? Love them. Also liked Fractured Fairy Tales that were shown along with R&B.

My favorite Ren & Stimpys include - "Fire Dogs" "save my walrus!"
"Space Madness" - "my beloved ice cream bar" and "Sven Hoek"

I was glued to the T.V. every Saturday morning for the Beatles cartoon. Cheesy but entertaining. I seem to recall "ticket to ride" being used alot on that show, maybe they just reran the same one alot.

Bambi was the first film I ever saw in a movie theater so it definitely holds a place in my heart. Classic Disney are the best in my opinion. Jungle Book, Dumbo, etc....

Anyone remember Clutch Cargo? That was the one with the animated people with the real lips! So creepy.

ddr
ddr

Postby Laura » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:33 pm

I use to watch the Flintstones and the Jetsons
and now I watch Lilo and Stitch the series
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Laura » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:33 pm

I use to watch the Flintstones and the Jetsons
and now I watch Lilo and Stitch the series
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:32 am

The Flinstones, The Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Spongebob, The Beatles Cartoons, Family Guy, Dexter's Lab, Captain Planet, Speed Racer, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, Bugs Bunny and lots more
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mi » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:33 am

RUGRATS!!! 8)
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Return to Movies & TV