Paul's behavior got John mad

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mrs Katalin Szep » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:36 pm

quote:Originally posted by jet
And who can believe anything Yoko says about Paul?
Agreed, jet.
I think your point about John's anger towards Paul was really jealous insecurity for the most part.
All of those old old stories are probably true to some extent, but the bottom line is that those two guys loved each other and the hurts were behind them. I am sure that wherever John is that he is lovingly watching over Paul and those of us attending the concerts earlier this year could see and hear the love that Paul has for John (and George). I think this stuff is just dead in the water. It doesn't matter anymore. Yes, they both hurt each other badly many times in the past. So?
I think you grabbed the main point. They were mad about each other.Mad in love behind all those famous scenes.They were so angry that could not even speak to each other, but they sang songs of hate and love to each other so ferociously that is amazing. They sounds a bit more crazy than simple brothers which blood made.Yoko and Linda sometimes just watching them how badly treated each other and how madly in love with each other at the same time.I cannnot imagine them asking apology and cannot imagine them confess their love.They simply KNEW it and reconciled in somewhere 1974. When Paulś Dad died him John was the first to tell.This example shows was he still close to him, was he still his number one person in his life?And if John could have done it he would have been the first to call to tell what had happened to him....So instead of him did it Yoko...It reveals everything.Who wants more???
Mrs Katalin Szep

Postby Cologne girl » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:46 pm

Great post, Mrs Katalin Szep, and welcome to the Forums :)
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby nerktwin » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:51 pm

I have a quote from Paul which says Yoko told him one of the first times he hurt John was when he went off to do the "Family Way" without including him. He said he didn't think about how it could have hurt him since he just thought of it like a "In his Own Write" type of project (Paul thought of the title to John's book, by the way and helped on parts of it)

The problem with John and Paul were the way they handled things, especially when they should have communicated their feelings. John would tend to be silent and just not say anything and it would boil to the surface later- Paul would just pretend it wasn't happening and ignore problems and hope they solved themselves- not a good combo between the two of them- by the time it got to where they had to face the problems, it was too late to work out all the years that had accumulated. Plus, with Yoko by John's side at all times, it was impossible for Paul to talk to John privately, which his pride might not let him be as honest as he would if he and John were alone together. Paul admitted he did like to go to John with songs to work on after Yoko came on board because he wanted them to work alone and she intimidated him because he felt he had to be "clever" or "avant-garde" with her by John's side- so instead, he just withdrew from doing it.
nerktwin

Postby Beatle Lou » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:23 pm

That John statement about Paul subconciouslly ruining his songs was the biggest crock of bull ever. From what I've read somewhere it was John who sabatouged "The Long and Winding Road" by letting Phil Spector run amok with it and John's bass playing on that track was totally weak. Paul never did anything but improve John's songs; examples "Don't Let Me Down", "Come Together", "Ticket To Ride" among dozens of others. It's a shame John died cause maybe the 1980's would have brought them back together in a positive light.
Beatle Lou

Postby admiral_halsey » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:55 am

I've heard this quote before too. The whole breakup/falling out thing is very complicated and not something we're ever fully going to understand. Sure, John felt very hurt by Paul buying up the shares but then Paul felt very hurt by the rest of the Beatles too - they went with Allan Klein against his advice, they wouldn't tell him what was going on financially, Phil Spector messed with his songs when he didn't want him to. There were a lot of issues going on here which need to be taken into consideration.

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby btls4ever1940 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:16 pm

I think a lot of John's meanness comes from his insecurities. When John hooked up w/ Yoko I think she was filling his head w/ crap to get him more attached to her. John probably went through his whole life looking for love and not finding much. His mom basically left him and Mimi wasn't much of a loving mother figure - more of a disciplinarian. Everyone played a victim, sometimes I think Paul got the raw end and sometimes I think he deserved it. Either way I love both of them equally. I will add one more thing, when John divorced Cynthia, he treated her like ***censored*** and the only one who stuck up for her was Paul - at least that is what she says in her book. If John would have lived I really believe there would have been a reunion of some kind - which makes his passing even more depressing. At least John and Paul made up before he died.
btls4ever1940

Postby MrKitesbenefits » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:33 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!
Poor little Paulie never had helped Lennon with "In His Own Write", nor had he anything to do with finding the title for the book!!!!!
MrKitesbenefits

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:02 pm

"btls4ever1940" said:I think a lot of John's meanness comes from his insecurities. When John hooked up w/ Yoko I think she was filling his head w/ crap to get him more attached to her. John probably went through his whole life looking for love and not finding much. His mom basically left him and Mimi wasn't much of a loving mother figure - more of a disciplinarian. Everyone played a victim, sometimes I think Paul got the raw end and sometimes I think he deserved it. Either way I love both of them equally. I will add one more thing, when John divorced Cynthia, he treated her like ***censored*** and the only one who stuck up for her was Paul - at least that is what she says in her book. If John would have lived I really believe there would have been a reunion of some kind - which makes his passing even more depressing. At least John and Paul made up before he died.

Guru said:Yeah Yoko performed many "mind games" on John...I seen not long ago an interview with Ronnie Hawkins who had mentioned John...Hawkins stated " Yes John and Yoko stayed with me here at this House....John was a really cool guy but that Yoko..She used to get inside his head and play games with him...she was a very smart woman." So there is no reason for Ronnie Hawkins to say that...Hawkins wasn't gaining anything by saying it...So it's pretty safe to say it's true.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

John and Paul's relationship

Postby jgkojak » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:18 pm

John and Paul were both a lot more fragile than they let on. John protected himself with acid wit, Paul with charm and what is perceived as manipulativeness (I really don't mean that in a bad way).

John was quite insecure- and Paul's blossoming really took him off-guard- John has stated he did feel Paul "ruined" his songs by wanting to get all experimental, but I am sure had Paul hunkered down and done the hours of work necessary to work with G Martin on an arrangement or practice multiple instrumental parts- John would have seen it as Paul taking over OR ridiculed him and gotten bored--

Numerous examples of John being impatient with Paul perfecting a piece- yet this is exactly what John claims Paul refused to do with his songs.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:18 pm

a very complex relationship John & Paul had.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle