Paul and the Seal Hunt.

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:50 pm

The Yoko bit was hilarious. :P
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby admiral_halsey » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:49 am

Even though they were making fun of them it was VERY funny. I liked Heather breastfeeding the seal, and Paul's copy of Help. The bit at the end with the "Yoko bashing" was pretty contraversial but still funny.

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby RickStark79 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:02 am

That was pretty funny! That song that Yoko was singing though, was that from 'Sometime In New York City' or from 'Milk and Honey', I can't remember! ;-)

Yay! My 500th post!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

John Gleeson from "The Winnipeg son".

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:53 am

http://winsun.canoe.ca/News/Columnists/Gleeson_John/

what a nasty man!

Brian May's thoughts on the seal hunt and on John Gleeson
(its about 4 posts down)

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Paul and the Seal Hunt.

Postby TMCKPAULFAN » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:02 am

iclubbabyseals wrote:Today Sir Paul arrived in my home province of Newfoundland on his way to Nova Scotia. Him and his wife are to protest the annual seal hunt that takes place here in Eastern Canada.

Well, Paul, **** you. It is a way of life. You don't rag on people for
fishing, now do you? Yeah, didn't think so.

I have to disagree with you iclub. I understand that the fishermen in Canana have to make a living but why don't they consider a seal watch instead? The thing that really makes us animal lovers angry is the terrible way these cute litte seals are killed. How would the fishermen like to meet their demise by being clubbed to death and then hooked and dragged with their blood spilling all over the ice? I don't think so! You will never convince me otherwise on this subject. There must be a better way to make a living!
TMCKPAULFAN

Postby admiral_halsey » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:59 pm

Went on an anti-seal hunt demo type thing in Manchester today. It was pretty good. Met some like minded people and we're gonna do other stuff together in the future. Save the seals!

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:20 am

Up to this point, I've stayed out of this.....but until I see Macca and the missus, hanging out in a field of potential lamb chops and getting his picture taken with a cute little furry grass eater, or down in Texas going after the veal industry, then I can't go along with this whole debate. Death is Death...there's no good way or better way, to kill something. It's still dead. Seal or any other animal. Going after the Seal hunt is good press I guess, but if anyone thinks there is a difference between killing these seals for profit as apposed to any other animal...then guess what...you are mistaken. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against this practice...but I can not for the life of me fiqure out why someone would think killing seals is somehow different than killing anything else. Until Paul shows up on Larry King saying Texas should stop killing cattle, or New Zealand/Australia should stop killing lamb or....well, you get my drift.
I wonder how many people were watching the news of this story, saying how "terrible the seal hunt is" while eating a hamburger? Lot's I'll bet. :roll:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:15 am

Well sorry to disagree but try this one on for size. Really using that arguement, how can anyone fight for any animal rights. For that matter how can anyone work in an office or sell cars when there is so much slaughter going on. How can someone fight for the rights of an animal when unborn babies are being murdered right up to the eighth month so a doctor can make $5000 per partial birth abortion. Priorities, there are none. See that arguement can go to the extreme very easily.

As Linda always said the animals can't speak for themselves, so until the day someone or something invents a device that allow us to communicate with the animals, the so-called higher species must have some spokesman for them.

A universal communicator, like in Star Trek. I'll get working on it, but I'll have to make adjustments to understand animal talk.
Last edited by Mike on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:36 am

well put mike
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:42 pm

I don't understand your post Mike. You start out saying we disagree, yet I totally agree with you. I no problem with animal rights activists, or any other activist that feels strongly about any topic. If fact, good for them, I'm glad there are people that are passionate for those things. But there are two sides to every story, and each side has to be willing to at least try to understand the other sides point of view.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues