American Idol

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:53 pm

What Macca tune would I sing at audition?

I dunno I think "Hope of Deliverance" would be fun!

Holding My Heart in Your Hand
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:52 pm

I think Simon often says things that are on the money and sometimes just hurtful things for no reason other than to get attention but I guess Chicken Little did make himself look bad by smarting off. I hope America doesn't rally around him for standing up to Simon and force us to look at him another week.

My Idol audition macca song would have to be My Love
Beatles it would be All I've Got To Do - I love to sing that one.

ddr
ddr

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:57 pm

ddr said "My Idol audition macca song would have to be My Love
Beatles it would be All I've Got To Do - I love to sing that one".

wow...My Love....I'm impressed...it takes good pipes to pull that one off!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:15 pm

Dang, Chicken Little will not go away!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe he got more votes than Ace. I am glad Melissa is gone and Lisa really wasn't very impressive on Tuesday. I can't believe Bucky keeps flying under the radar. There is something I like about him though, he seems so naive and a nice guy. He may shine if they have a country and western week.

ddr
ddr

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:22 pm

I'm not very fond of Kevin..He's like a pesty little saucy kid...and I can't stomach Ace....the guy is a cheese eating phony balogna.. .Melissa got the hook and IMO that's pretty fair....she forgot the words didn't she?
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:01 am

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote: I can't stomach Ace....the guy is a cheese eating phony balogna

Your description of Ace is very funny! I don't think he is a great singer and he is a bit cheesy. I thought Kevin was fun at first but now he just annoys me, I guess that is the difference for me, Ace doesn't annoy me.

ddr
ddr

Postby Steve-o » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:36 am

Ace and Pickler win the award for the dim bulbs of the competition. Not much going on upstairs in either case. Here's hoping CL goes home next week!!
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:57 am

several things stuck out...1st and foremost...kevin the geek turned in the single worst performance i've ever seen at this point in the competition...it totally sucked ! this twerp cannot sing, he certainly cannot...dance (?!?) and his attitude towards simon, who WAS right, shows a pathetic lack of intelligence. he was, by far the worst, and should have been sent somewhere south of siberia !(except they're too smart to have him !)
this is EXACTLY why anyone who is a concerned parent should NEVER let their tweenager near a phone !
taylor was jammin' !! lordy, but he was smokin' ! chris did pretty good, but, he sure is leaning hard into the heavy rock style...just don't know if america knows what it's getting itself into, with him.
kelly did a heck of a lot better than i would have thought...she almost pulled it off. she showed some real pluck.
bucky...now that was a surprise ! he did, imho, make that song his own...he turned it into a rousing, country rock bit...i'm surprised he didn't get more recognition for that. i thought he was the most surprising performer that night.
i don't mind that melissa went home...but it should've been el twerpo !
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ANGRY » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:36 am

actually did not have a least favorite this time...so kevin wins the small straw ballot by default, for me....all did ok...only mandisa and chris surprised me or came close to being a highlight...chris' revision of walk the line was, i thought, just short of brilliant ! and mandisa was really gettin' it on !
my man taylor was a little weak....the chorus' were pretty good, but the actual body of the song seemed underwhelming, pale by his usual standard, very undercooked ! he should've chosen a better song, something more soulful....i won't be surprised if lisa is in the bottom 3 with, preferably kevin (who, again, should finally go) but that third spot could go to just about anyone (i'm thinking bucky)...but it is too close to call for me
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby OldFogey » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:10 am

I've been hooked on AI since Year 1. This year I think Chris will win. He blows me away every week. I like Kelly's singing, but can she REALLY be that dumb? I also like Ace and Mandisa. Hopefully Kevin will be gone soon, and then Taylor. I know he has a lot of fans, but something about him just irks me.

Macca song I'd sing (if I could actually sing) Got to Get You Into My Life, Here There & Everywhere, Oh Darling, or Let Me Roll It are some of my favorites. But then, I don't have an unfavorite.
OldFogey

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV