Scott Weiland vs. W Axl Rose

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby ANGRY » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:13 am

to this very day, i run across dorks who, when hearing me play L&LD, ask me who is covering GnR !!!

could care less about sw v ar...both are ego trips waiting for another fall

didn't slash, not disappear, but spend a few years with/in the 'snake pit'
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Highamster » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:52 am

Angry: Could be worse, One of my old mates from when I was at school was convinced to the point of not talking to me for 3 months that L&LD was done by Duran Duran, then GnR, then Paul McCartney solo (Not Wings, because Macca didn't make a band after the Beatles). Why did he think this? I have no idea. As far as I know Duran Duran haven't even covered L&LD.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:58 am

[quote="funkbeatle"]Not agreed about Axl's voice. He simply SPOILED Live and Let Die![/quote

Not my opinion.
Last edited by EddieV on Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:50 am

well, HM...mayhap they were getting their Bond songs mixed up !

and, he says, with sarcasm dripping... :twisted: ...there are many here who also claim macca was never in another band after the beatles...just a bunch of session men ! :wink:
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby funkbeatle » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:15 am

ANGRY wrote:well, HM...mayhap they were getting their Bond songs mixed up !

and, he says, with sarcasm dripping... :twisted: ...there are many here who also claim macca was never in another band after the beatles...just a bunch of session men ! :wink:

Well, it's true that Macca WAS Wings, I mean, without Macca, Wings would not NEVER have been existed, that's an OBVIOUS thing.
funkbeatle

Postby funkbeatle » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:21 am

EddieV wrote:
funkbeatle wrote:Not agreed about Axl's voice. He simply SPOILED Live and Let Die!

Not my opinion.

That's alright, Eddie...that's because of my ears that could never accostumed to his voice, what can I do?
funkbeatle

Postby Highamster » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:36 am

funkbeatle wrote:
ANGRY wrote:well, HM...mayhap they were getting their Bond songs mixed up !

Well, it's true that Macca WAS Wings, I mean, without Macca, Wings would not NEVER have been existed, that's an OBVIOUS thing.

Wings was more of a group with Macca and Laine. They both started the group and were in it untill the end. They wouldn't have existed without either of them.
Highamster
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:33 pm

Really? With all due respect, Wings would have existed with Paul and three other dishwashers from a local Mexican restaurant. Its not to say that Denny, even maybe Linda didn't contribute to the band, but it would have been a band regardless, with all those classic songs that we discuss every day.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:25 am

while i completely, totally and utterly disagree with chris...he remains THE MAN for making my point ! thanks, big C !
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby funkbeatle » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:24 am

Oh well chris...let's not exaggerate about mexican dishwashers being Wings members!! :lol: Of course to be a Wings member they had to be a good and even excellent musician(not counting Linda as being his wife)as so were Denny, Jimmy McCulloch, Henry, Seiwell, Joe, Laurence, etc. BUT without MACCA, all that success could not be the same.
funkbeatle

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists