And Now a Word From Our Sponsor

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Laura » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:59 pm

What does everyone think about Pizza Hut
with Jessica Simpson lip syncing to These Boots Were Made for Walking with the words changed.
I think its stupid
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:32 am

oh, ddr, i find them mesmerizing, funny...and real dang creepy, just like that King ! (also, that Quaker Oats dude...he's kinda freaky, tho not as...threatening !)..but, what really gets me about the chicken one is how close to being kinda... profane, if you will: the announcer clearly is emphasizing big BUCKING chicken...kinda like many will use a similar sounding word ( can anyone say Bono ?) as an adjective...the whole thing is rather...subversive...just like that creepy King...along with the banter of the Whopper family...it's all rather edgy stuff.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ddr » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:58 am

Angry, You are absolutely right, these are very creative and edgy commercials. On one level they are enjoyable ( well not the king for me he is just toooooooooooooooo creepy) but giant animals and talking babies (like the quiznos Bob) and other things not found in nature are scary to me.

I still prefer them to WAZ UP or the very unfunny David Spade (did his career take a dump with Farley died or what?) and crap like that. Anything repetetive and grating and NOT funny really makes me not want to ever buy the product they are selling.

ddr
ddr

Previous

Return to Movies & TV