CBS Rock Star SUPERNOVA

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

CBS Rock Star SUPERNOVA

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:33 am

They should be one hell of a band!

http://www.tommylee.tv/news/article.php?id=146
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:39 am

i really liked the first go, with INXS...this sounds to be a good second shot...i'll cross my fingers and be watching ! thanx...sir d
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:27 am

This is going to be a good band if for no other reason than Butch Walker's involvement. Butch is by far, the most talented songwriter/producer in music today.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:14 am

well...it is here...and, two weeks in, i find myself...vaguely interested, but not nearly as into it as the last one...so far...none of the singers impress me that much...tho, some of the takes they did on some of the songs are interesting...that one chick, doing 'ring of fire' was kinda coll...another did an almsot interesting take of soft cells 'tainted love'...

all in all, it is a little harder than last years vers., but, that is to be expected, i guess...too bad most contestants aren't very original...
remains to be seen if it finally catches on w/me...

btw...did anyone watch last week.....did anyone think that first guy voted off looked vaguely like a very young paul mccartney
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:46 am

I don't like it anywhere as much as the first series. Only a handful of the singers are any good - most of them try too hard and 'overvocalise' or impersonate.

Also, I don't like ANY of the band members as personalities or people, and that includes Dave Navarro. They all come across as a bunch of "right-on-daddy-o-rock-this-house" jumped-up self-important posers. Whereas the Inxs guys on the other hand, were good-natured people and friendly and there was nothing grating about their personalities. You felt like you could approach them and have a beer with them. If you approached the likes of Dave Navarro or Tommy Lee or Gilby Clarke you wouldn't know if they were about to laugh at your wooly jumper or spit on your chin. It would be scary trying to initiate a conversation with them. It wouldn't be long before they start spinning their 'too cool for school' daddy-o bs. :lol:

I prefer my rock stars to be shy and introverted. Humble.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Laura » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:52 pm

I been watching the show I like it because theres nothing else on tv.
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Movies & TV