Best guitarsolo you have heard??

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby Soutine » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:45 pm

RE CHRIS:" Probably the Rolling Stones finest moment, on their best album. And that is quite a thing to say because this band had many of them."

Their finest for sure & the other greats in my opinion are Beggar's Banquet, Let it Bleed, Exile on Main St & It's Only Rockin Roll.
I Don't think the Stones ever fully recovered from the loss of Mick Taylor, Richards is a great rhythm guitarist & Taylor played off him so well. Ronnie sounds to close to Keith & I think they needed the contrast in styles that Taylor brought to the table, trade off was Ronnie helped keep them together.

TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE fr It's Only Rockin & Roll is another great solo.

[quote][/quote]
Soutine

Postby maccastheman » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:52 pm

Soutine wrote:
I Don't think the Stones ever fully recovered from the loss of Mick Taylor,

I actually think the loss of Mick Taylor helped in a certain sense. Don't get me wrong, he was an incredible guitar player. (The best lead guitarist they ever had, no question) I just think by the late '70s music was heading in a different direction, and Ronnie Wood was better for that direction than Mick Taylor. Mick Taylor was more of a jam player, and for the punk/Chuck Berry guitar revival of the late '70s/early '80s, I think Ronnie Wood fit in better.

It would have been interesting to hear what Mick Taylor could have done on Black and Blue, but I think it's a great album as-is and highly underrated.

But I think Some Girls and Tatoo You are great bare-bones rock records. (Even though some of the Tatoo You songs date all the way back to Goat's Head Soup) I just don't think that was Mick Taylor's style.

I do like his playing with Bob Dylan in the '80s, however. (Infidels, of course)
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:18 pm

I think the Ronnie Woods/Keith Richards duelling rythm guitar relationship wasn't all that different from a Mr. Harrison and Mr. Lennon. Think Dear Prudence or Sexy Sady. Anyone agree?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:01 pm

But really, I encourage you to listen to side four of Love You Live, there's an incredible guitar-lead-riff-run on Brown Sugar, says here it's Ronnie Wood, that's their story and I'm sticking to it!
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby amazedbypaul » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:35 pm

I saw the Allman Brothers in the late 80's in Miami.Dicky Betts on "aint my cross to bear" was unreal.
Also saw clapton in the 90's. "White Room" was astounding.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:07 pm

Look at you Look at me - Dave Mason

The Bomber - Joe Walsh

ddr
ddr

Postby chris » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:00 pm

Speaking of Eric Clapton, I hear he is touring the States this summer, Dickie Betts is going to be in his band, and he's going to be featuring the songs from his classic, Layla and other assorted love songs.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:12 pm

"chris" said: Speaking of Eric Clapton, I hear he is touring the States this summer, Dickie Betts is going to be in his band, and he's going to be featuring the songs from his classic, Layla and other assorted love songs.
------------------------------

OH MAN!, thanks for the heads up chris, Eric w/Dickie, those songs, now THAT I gotter see!! :D
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:15 pm

I've heard conflicting stories about Clapton's U.S. tour. He's got European dates scheduled all the way through the end of July. Then Jack Bruce said it had been confirmed that there were going to be more Cream shows in another large city. (Though he wouldn't mention a name - my guess would be Chicago or L.A.)

There was also a press release earlier that said Clapton was waiting until 2007 to tour the U.S. when his autobiography is released. (As well as a Reprise box set covering his work from Money and Cigarettes through Back Home.)

Anyway, a tour with Dickie Betts would be cool. I just don't know when he's going to fit it in...
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:51 am

Clapton is playing in my country sometime at the end of July I think. I hope he still plays.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists