American Idol

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

American Idol

Postby ddr » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:55 am

Ok, I'm going to ask it and you can't stop me!
Anyone watching American Idol? Come on, you can admit it.
I watch with my daughter, one of the few G rated things going on t.v. right now.
Other than the host and judges it's kind of entertaining.

There are some really talented guys on, the girls are pretty sad for the most part.

Chris, Ellliot and Katherine are really talented. Taylor is my favorite though, the guy is just full of a love for music!

ddr
ddr

Postby Steve-o » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:13 am

I have watched since year 2 (tail end of year one, probably) and really enjoy the show. I like the fact that the auditions let in only the worst and the best and certainly the delusional. Entertaining as hell. The Hollywood stuff is good, although i'd like to see more singing. It's just freaking good TV and I love live TV. You never know. I usually agree with Simon--he's the only one with guts to tell it like it is. There are 2 or 3 really good singers this year, but some still make me cringe...but that's part of the pull for me. It's why we like watching Kareoke....

You will be trounced for bringing the topic up, as I have in the past --- due to "they are not singer-songwriters and therefore, they suck" mentality.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:40 am

We get the show over here, maybe a little later than you. I like Taylor because he is so different. Good show.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:34 am

I like that grey haired guy!
I never seen anyone who liked singing for people in all my life!
I hope he wins and has a wonderful career, because it's obvious that this is what he was born to do!
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:49 am

I don't watch it, but it sure is popular....I wonder when the shine will wear off this show though....like it did with Who Wants to be a Millionare. Same with Survivour....is it still on? :wink:

I have to admit ...Kelly Clarkson sure can sing.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:09 pm

I think Millionaire suffered from overexposure.....Idol is new each season with a new crop of wannabe's and only a few really good distinctive singers.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:11 pm

Survivior is still a top 10 show....they mix it up and I like it also becasuse the cast changes every half-year, obviously. Amzing race is probably my fave of all of them, though.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:52 pm

I love A.I. I sing myself, so it's always cool to watch people do something that you love too. I think the final four will be Elliot, Paris, Katherine and Chris. I'll pick Katherine to win it all! She's got a really great voice! And it doesn't hurt that she's super cute too! ;-)
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ddr » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:44 pm

Steve-o you are so right about the delusional but that is part of the appeal. As far as those who make you cringe let's start with Brenna! Oh my God, could anyone be more full of themselves or more annoying? The worst part was she really couldn't sing very well.

You are right that Simon is usually on the money but sometimes he is just plain mean. Paula needs to adjust her meds as she seems very out of it at times.

Glad to see others have a positive take on the show as well, it really is great entertainment!

ddr
ddr

Postby amazedbypaul » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:31 pm

I'm sorry but I just can't bring myself to watch that show.
It's just so cheesy in mho.
amazedbypaul
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Movies & TV