Paul and the Seal Hunt.

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Postby ANGRY » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:03 am

interesting, mr s...but not nearly accurate...macca has, in fact, turned his attention to KFC and Mcdonalds...and other businesses/groups...so let's, again, not act like he is picking you out of the lineup. his stance has been consistent...every other poster, even those from the great white north, have so far dissed mr williams efforts that night...seems, so far, you're the only one who thought otherwise.
more importantly, with little exception, no one has dissed heathers efforts...except you..and you started your missive claimimg that at first, you were all for stopping this activity, at least until heather 'went off the deep end'...then, of course killing/clubbing/whatever the little critters is suddenly just fine !
you won't win a debate of this issue by bashing heather mccartney. both her and pauls first wife have been passionate advocates for animal rights..attacking people who are actually correct with below the belt smear-like tactics do you side no favor.
i've been thinking about this, because, as a passionate advocate for having the 'state' not interfere with individuals right to live their lives, do commerce, within certain limits, of course, i believe that a cogent argument could be made about some of these practises...but you are going about it in entirely the wrong fashion...don't insult my intelligence by saying you would be willing to ban the hunt..if it weren't for that witch, mrs mccartney...thats a bald face lie..if you can't stand up, proudly, for what you, or your neighbors are doing, than obviously, you are ashamed.
i think it is the advocates for the continuation of the seal culling who need to take a step back, a present some real reason why this shouldn't bother anyone else, why it should be a tradition that should be allowed to remain unmolested...because until you do, you only foster the idea that you are a brutish type, doing brutish deeds, that any civilized, intelligent person would find appalling...and, that, sir, is why you are going to continue to lose this battle as it stands right now.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Paperback Writer » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:50 am

Mike, an organized - or un-organized political point of view, campaign, was created on this thread with vile lannguage, cartoon and tone. (Even a 'cartoon' of Macca being clubbed.) This may explain the perception - along with your recently titled thread on "politics" - that it was OK to comment politically.
One person who cannot be censored, the subject of this web-site, Paul McCartney. Whether people agree with him 100%, 50 % or not at all, as long as people follow him, his views are going to be unavoidable. Let's just have any ban or restriction to be fair accross the board, left, middle, right.
In order to report on Paul's life and activities, this will include "left" points of view. Will you continue this? How will you react if a reader percieves this to be "offensive.?" :?:
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Soutine » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:01 am

Angry: Well I can see how you got the name. (PEACE)

First I didn't say McCartney hasn't taken on any other industry, I said he was misinformed on this one.
The comment about being "all for the abolishing of the seal hunt until Heather opened her mouth" my friend, was what we with a sense of humor call SARCASM. Though honestly I had no definite opinion one way or the other until I heard the arguments & did some research. But by weighing both sides of the issue I thought Williams points had validity. That's why I stated my reasonings on my post, covering each point & coming to the conclusion that it's no different than any other way or any other animal we use for food & there by products, it's just uglier cause it's not done in a slaughter house & it's done a white ice with red blood stained ice being the aftermath & the camera's are rolling.
Also I had no intention of WINNING the debate, only to voice another opinion, or is it your stance that any other opinion shud be banned, if so there's still a few countries kickin around who would love to have you as their poster boy & not the one your living in. You know education & listening to others points of view is a good thing, it helps us be a little more broad minded & tolerant. I applaud the McCartney's on that very point, my listening to their argument prompted me to educate myself and then form my own opinion on something I had less detailed info on before!! I knew posting an opposing opinion on this topic on a McCartney Fan Site was the same being a Chicken in a den of Foxes, ( I hope my analogy there is not so graphic so as to offend anyone !!) But it was lookin a little one sided to me. Now to Heather, did your mother ever tell you not to talk while someone else is speaking because it's not good manners ? Well that is my point about her she was ignorant and handled herself as a spoiled brat. Paul on the other hand was excellent !! & that was the opinion of every person, bar none who voiced their opinion on the debate that I spoke with. But you have to realise the deck is staked on a site such as this, so your not going to hear many opposing opinions. So if by having an opposing view to yours I'm brutish well I guess I am, cause I eat steak & lamb & fish & a few more of the animals that have to be killed before you eat them. So lighten up ANGRY it's bad for your heart to be too uptight !!!!!
Soutine

Postby ANGRY » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:08 am

i don't think i claimed to be a vegetarian...ever: i like my steak medium, thank you. i've got no problem with farmers and their way of life, which includes those who raise cattle, chickens, fish,etc, that ARE going to be culled/sold/bartered for profit. but, in the real world, where most of us live, we do have laws about the cruel disposal of animals...something you seem to have missed, but, hey, since you're into the wearing-of-the-blinder style of investigation...go for it.
if anyone is misinformed again, it is you, mr s.
i don't buy into everything paul has to say on any and every issue: i, too, spend as much time as i can looking into and reading about issues...and quite frankly, some of the absolutely insipid arguments being made by the club-the-critter side borders on ridiculous.
if, in the 1930's, the dust bowl comes to ks and the farmer can't farm...he moves to california and becomes a movie maker. if all the nice americans decide to but gas sipping japanese imports and the gas guzzling american car makers have to close plants...then the atuo worker goes and gets a job at microsoft.
if the inteligent people of the world say, gee, clubbing a defenseless animal just to get it's pelt for some fur coat...you ought to either, A: be man enough to say you're too stupid to get a new line of work and be proud of it...or, B: get a new line of work !
but don't tell me you gotta eat their scrawny flesh and a half a million other loads of crap to try and make your abysmal line of thinking more sane...it's not.
and NOWHERE did i tell you you could not share your point of view...quite frankly, you must be spending too much time on the tundra to not figure out i don't run this place, it's a guy named mike.
as to heather, i quite frankly could give a rats asp on what you thought of her..its got nothing to do with the issue, you only proved my point, you're not here trying defend your sadistic crap, you're hear to bash...and since you can't survive long in this wilderness bashing paul...you'll go after heather. from what i've seen and read...the give and take was spirited and fully with keeping with the rather modern tradition of talk shows where issues are discussed...in other words, just 'cause you're there doesn't mean you own the podium...you gotta be prepared to put up an honest intelligent defense..and if little old heather mccartneybeat the guy at this very real, political sport...then so be it...no use crying over spilt milk...obviously, she was more prepared to air her views and assert her opnions than he was.
if i see my neighbor clubbing his dog to death, i'm likely as not to try and stop him...especially if i know the dog is a nice one, than to politely stand aside and ask questions.
if you were at all intelligent, and actually read my last post, you would have seen that i was offering a manner to discuss the issue, within a more proper framework, that, in fact, there could be a very good argument to be made...but, it seems that's not quite your forte....
i'm glad you thought mr williams had the winning point of view, since every one else seems to disagree with you, i'll just let it stand at that....15 or 20 to 1 is pretty good odds for me. it really only shows your predilection for NOT paying attention.
in short, ( yea, like this is !) if you can't defend your point by DEFENDING IT...not bashing others...then you've already lost that PR game...and that does not bode well for this industry.
you, and others, had the opportunity to convince some around the world that you have a legitimate reason to perform these tasks in this manner...you could've got away with a winning hand, PR-wise..instead, you're spending all your time arguing semantics...get over it.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Soutine » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:41 pm

Well done Angry, post 768 since Oct/05,wow your an active cult member aren't you, my advise to you is get a friggin Life. You shud get the job as helicopter pilot for Eco Tourism flights to visit the seals in March & April, 200 km's off the coast of Labrador. Image all the throngs of billionaire's you'd beable to shuttle back & forth for about about $5000.00 a pop for an afternoon. Maybe you'd get a chance to kiss a few seals while yer out there, cuddle up with a few & on the way back hover over a few communities, playing Robin Hood passin out all the cash to the former sealers you're payin off who are then sittin off on their arse making posts on the MACCA CENTRAL FORUM. At least then you'd be gettin a bit of fresh air rather than plankin you fat arse on a computer all day shooting your ignorant mouth off. See ya in the GREAT WHITE NORTH MY FRIEND, i'll be there makin flipper pie's for all the tourists, you shud try some you being a meat eater i'm sure you'd love em. Remember angry don't get to worked up now it's bad for your heart. Later
Soutine

Postby Soutine » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:11 pm

Soutine

Postby Soutine » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Soutine

Postby Paperback Writer » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm

Mr. S.;

Please read the rules and policy section for guidance on your posts.
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Soutine » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:59 pm

http://www.maninnature.com/Management/A ... hts1a.html
another bit of light reading for ya.
Soutine

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:14 pm

I suppose our Site Admin, who is the boss here and also happens to be from the Great White North (if it wasn't for him, 2 of 3 and perhaps a couple more, what kind of image would we get of the Canadians?), hasn't read your latest outpourings of mental diarrhea yet, otherwise you would probably have had to move your "fat ass" at least from this site and get some fresh air yourself, Soutine. Personal insults are not on and I'm sure won't be tolerated much longer. Give us and yourself a break, matey.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues