First Album You Ever Owned ? (Bought With Your Own Money)

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:52 am

The sound quality of the vee-jay album is just rubbish. Not to mention the songs on the disc label and the album are all messed up, and not in order. For this reason it is in nearly perfect condition though. It's probably a bootleg anyway. :?

I do remember buying the White Album the day it was released though....10 bucks......every penny I had at the time. 8)
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

SgtPepper was my first time!

Postby sgtpeppergreg » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:07 am

SgtPeppers Lonely Hearts Club Band was my first LP that I bought with my own money. Mom always bought me the little 45's all the time, and I had a ton of them(wish I had them now). But I remember I had money from doing my cousin's newspaper route for a week, and I used the money to buy the album. (I never saved money)
I can still remember to this day going into the store buying it and taking it out the store. I didn't want to let go of it when the cashier lady wanted to put it in the bag.

I was 8 years old then. I'm 46 today.[/b]
sgtpeppergreg

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:13 am

I should dig out my old 45's. The first one I bought has McCartney/Lennon on it, instead of the other way round.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby adayinthelife89 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:20 pm

Abbey Road by The Beatles. My dad had always sung "Octopus's Garden" when I was younger (because I watched Shining Time Station and Ringo was Mr. Conducter) and I really wanted to hear it.
adayinthelife89

Postby Darren J. Ray » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:18 pm

Steve-o wrote:VeeJay #1092...Introducing the Beatles.....I had raked leaves in several yards in late 1963 (8 years old) and had over $5 (I did like 10 houses). I bought the album for just over $3. My Mom bought me the first capitol US album (meet the beatles) a few months later right after Sullivan when she got the bug herself. I still cherish both of them.

Beautiful stuff, man.
Darren J. Ray

Postby Darren J. Ray » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:26 pm

12 years old. 1976-77. Spent the whole summer holidays (8 weeks at Xmas) watering the lawns of the local kindergarten every day for the prizely pay of $12. Always intended on buying The Beatles 'Rock'n'Roll Music' double LP compilation. Did exactly that. Never looked back.
Darren J. Ray

Postby luckybry » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:58 pm

The first album l bought with my own money was RAM buy Paul

I had all the beatles albums from my uncle. I think it's one of his best solo albums
luckybry
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Music - Other Artists