Beatle Paul vs Solo Paul

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mini » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:08 am

These are forum threads....not quite the same as in person communication, is it?

You've just strayed off topic yourself, hence reinforcing the natural human process of communication whilst making a fool out of yourself. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

Alas..another COTI...coward of the internet. I would love to kick your arse...but...since I can't see you, this will have to do.

I'm here so come and kick my ass, master of Churchillian retorts. Your title of King Paul Avenger is at stake here.

LEARN A FEW MANNERS WHILE YOU STILL CAN. Respect others. If you can't......Eat ***censored*** and die. Your choice. :P

The only person I see not respecting others is the Paul Avengers here.

So far you have told me to eat ***censored*** and die, said that I stink just on this thread. On the other thread you were equally rude.

So what have I done?

I support John and Yoko, especially Yoko when you call her Yukko and more offensive language is used against her by others.

If I were to call Paul such names what would happen?

This is a case of mob mentality rules.

Once again, may I ask why have a John section on here if you don't want John and Yoko fans coming here? Do you expect John and Yoko fans to sit quietly while you spew your offensive and cruel comments about them ?
Mini

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:00 am

ANGRY wrote:hey, dudes, one of many 'paul avengers' here ! (and proudly so, i might add !)
as to the thread, (so far off course with the return of the wicked gnome) i began a serious listening to music because of paul mccartney. i'd never really, listened to anyone or anything. but, 'uncle albert...' caught my ear. my brother played 'ram' and i was sold. he thought that i might be missing something, and playedThe White Album...but, it was the paul songs that stuck out, there, too. i then spent the next few years getting into every preTOW album, w/o ever really getting back to the beatles (!), so, i was sold on macca as a solo artist BEFORE i really got into the beatles !
this may explain some of the wacky reasoning i seem to use sometimes: i simply don't view his, (or johns or georges or ringos) solo careers as something that desperately needs the beatles. look, we've all had jobs: some we loved, some we hated. but, sometimes, because of decisons we make (or others) we leave those jobs and go on to new ones. we take with us the experiences,adapt to our new surroundings and move on. in my view, that is all i need to know about what was beatle paul and is now solo paul - they are different entities. i appreciate them for that. as for the actual topic...i now can't choose... i view both as seperate and enjoy each upon it's own merit...for me..it's a tie !

Very well said Angry!
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:54 pm

Mini----you take things and twist them to fit your mini-mind. I've given up trying to reason with you--time to send in the last ditch witch. Expect a knock on your door any day now. I will send Yukko to you so you both can live in "peace" and in a Dakota smoke induced cloud filled with lot's of "ok?'s" and "ummm"'s. You'll need to bone up since that's how she "communicates". Ask her if she'd like to maybe reconsider what was left to Julian.......By the way..I dont knock John..just the evil one. :P
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:10 am

...just thought i'd say...

it sure is nice to know you're feeling better, there, Steve-O ! :wink:
hope the 'therapy' here is ...invigorating ! :D
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:55 am

It's dissapointing his bass playing never got better after the Beatles, in fact, he's become much more restrained, and some might say, a worse player?
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:47 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:It's dissapointing his bass playing never got better after the Beatles, in fact, he's become much more restrained, and some might say, a worse player?
I disagree...listen to SLS....listen to most of Driving Rain..and all points inbetween. Lot's of GREAT bass playing.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:54 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:It's dissapointing his bass playing never got better after the Beatles, in fact, he's become much more restrained, and some might say, a worse player?

Laz, really, do you even own Paul's solo albums? I respect everyone's opinion here, even if it is different than mine. But sometimes you say things that...don't seem based actual events. :?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:12 am

have to agree with chris and steverino...nothing wrong with the bass since leaving home (bye bye) with the beatles.
look...you can't expect great innovation every single time, but, there are alot of cool, great bass lines throughout the solo career. if there is a weak spot in this, though, it'll be 'cause now he's in charge of ALL the instruments...and sometimes, bass ain't were it's at ! sometimes, it is just part of the backbeat.
he wasn't hailed by critics like crazy all through the '70's and '80's as rocks boss bass man for nothing !
give it a rest, laz...the guy makes really cool, really great music....just 'cause you're from the land DOWNunder...doesn't mean you gotta be so down all the time !
lighten up, let loose, have fun....see, that didn't hurt :wink:
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:33 am

I believe my opinion to be 90% or more fact.
I've heard SLS, what's so great about that Bass?

John Entwistle's playing on Quadrophenia "clubs" that to death with a club.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RickStark79 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:04 am

Oh no, Quadrophenia has better bass playing than SLS! Everybody burn your Macca records!!!!!!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle