Paul and the Seal Hunt.

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Postby ANGRY » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:49 am

NICE PICS, PAULRUS !

sad i missed the telecast...would've been interesting...too bad the other side of the coin was manned by someone only interested in smearing/cajoling the maccas...but, what do you expect...there is no moral ground for these activities.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby admiral_halsey » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:02 pm

Sounds like Macca did a good job (as always). Anybody know if you can watch it on the interent somewhere?

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby chris » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:00 pm

This subject is beginning to spin out of control just a bit. It seems that emotions are getting in the way of what we are actually trying to say.

Whether or not you are for or against the seal thing, it can't be beneficial for the ones "for" the argument showing a cartoon of some barbaric caveman clubbing a seal with Paul McCartney's friggin head! Come on people, lets use our heads here. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But look where you are. At a Paul McCartney fan site. You can't realisticly hope to get people to sympathise with your cause, showing a cavemen beat up Paul McCartney. Sheesh. Its a sad state of affairs when I am the voice of reason.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:34 am

admiral_halsey wrote:Sounds like Macca did a good job (as always). Anybody know if you can watch it on the interent somewhere?

It's on YouTube, watched it today. Can't help but think Mac is slightly (only slightly) being led down Heather's agenda.

Opened a can of worms here.... :wink:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:28 am

james...quite frankly...you have never, in all the time i've been reading your posts, ever been so completely wrong.
paul has been an ardent animal rights /peta supporter for decades.
Long Leather Coat ring a bell ?
he gave up meat, for the most part, starting back in the '70's, when, as the story goes, one of the kiddies asked about that nights dinner, and it was one of their sheep ( or pig, whatever)
don't know when the full turnover to veggie life began...but it was eons before there ever was thought of anyone named heather being anything other than his stepdaughter !
no can of worms, i hope, just an empty bag of hot air !
now, it is possible that heather is encouraging him to step up to the plate, be a little more forthcoming in his protestations...but, i don't believe she's his 'yoko/guru'
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:18 am

But when you see them both together, she definately takes the lead most of the time, more keen to chip in than Mac is, and has more control of her facts. I just think this is Heather's issue more than his, that's all.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Soutine » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:10 pm

If Paul wants his message heard best thing he could do is put a MUZZLE on Heather. I was all for abolishing the seal hunt until I heard her on Larry King. Paul was very dignified made his points & listened when the other side of issue was being explained. But Heather kept interupting like she didn't want Mr. Williams to tell the other side of the issue. I guess that's what happens when your bullshit sensationalism is being exposed by fact, logic & reasonableness.
Soutine

Postby Paperback Writer » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:50 pm

Soutine;

Mr Williams "side" expanded into 20 different side issues and extemism-baiting. He apparently did not serve his constituents well.
I find your claim that you reversed your position on the seal issue in 30" UNBELIEVABLE. I mean that, literally.
If you were against the McCartney's point of view, and Heather was wonderfully persuasive in those 30" do you REALLY believe you would reverse yourself so quickly on such a large issue?

Please enter our other forums and have fun! :lol: :!:
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ANGRY » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:24 am

yeah, james, but it was the same with linda and these causes. i saw more than a few interviews where she took the lead, he sat back and looked proud of her.
all i'm saying, my friend, is none of this is anything new, he's been at it a very long time, long before heather came along.
remember 'long leather coat'?!
for all we know, paul has ignited the flame under heather !

:oops:

...er...got her interested in the cause...heh heh
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Soutine » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:08 am

Paperback Writer, how are ya ?

Williams explained 20 different side issues because Heather had a one track mind and that was it was an inhumane method. He was using anologies as she was talking about the killing of the seals as if it was the same as killing a human baby, if that's the case she obviously has a twisted point of view. ! But the facts are it's been studied & endorsed as a humane method by the UN, Wildlife federations & Veternarians associations & that's the clubing part, 90 % are shot. Also they don't kill the White coat seals which are the cute ones Paul & Heather were cuddling up too until one took a bite at Heather, that practise has been banned since 1987. The figures she gave as the income received by these fisherman was not correct, they were much lower than what many of these fishermen get. Many of these people live in very isolated communities, they depend on these $'s to get them thru the winter. If these animal rights groups are so interested in stopping the seal cull I'm sure they could provide the $'s to supplement the income for these people, not ask the Canadian Government to do it the backs of the taxpayers. McCartney's a friggin Billionarie for frig sake, he could fork over the $'s if wanted too. Also they spoke of stopping the seal cull as they stopped hunting of whales. Well the Whales were an endangered species, the seals aren't, scientists estimate a population of over 6 million in the area in question. They are far from endangered. They also talked about the loss of revenue for Canada in boycotts of fish exports. We'll the boycotts resulted from the false information spread by these Animal Rights Groups & pressure from these lobby groups. Listen, you couldn't get a bigger McCartney fan than me, I travel every year he has concerts & see him, costing me thousands of dollars in fact $300.00 this year for my ticket. But i'm not one of these if McCartney does it it's got to be right.
You get half of these followers on these sites & they look at him like he's a messiah of somekind, maybe of music yes but get a friggin life he's only human. I mean when you talk about all the bad effects of certain animal products on the body but your smoking dope all the time yourself well, that's a little self righteous & hypocritical. But when you target something you know little about because of your blanket stance on the killing of animals & pick a humane civilized Country, a leader on the World seen as peace loving and tolerant and because your sway thru your international power & appeal make them out to be barbarians as Heather put it, I think it's a irresponsible & ignorant. Then after being asked by the Premier of Newfoundland to visit and discuss the issues, too be shown the facts first hand he ignores his invitation shows it was all for the pictures with the cuddly Seals to raise the funds for the US Humane Society & then home we go. Stirring up all the Sh*t & then not being willing to hear or see the other side. I don't agree. I mean look what they do over in China with dogs & cats & for that matter in many other parts of the world. How come their not over in these lands getting pictures with these animals? I can think of a couple of reasons, personal safety being one of them. Listen, these people do allot of good work, I admire the activist work concerning animals & landminds and those mamed by them. But they have been misinformed by the Humane Society. I can go on & on but one thing for sure Heather doesn't like to here anyone elses point of view. She had her half hour of her side of the story uninterupted, but when the other person was talking she wouldn't shout up. Why was she so scared to have what a person who knows what actually goes on in the industry have their say ? On the other hand Paul was right on, he listened, made his points & I admired the way he handled himself,. brought up some good alternatives, that could be further discussed.
The seal is not used just for fashion, it's skins are used for cloths & boots etc but also for food & is a prime products for omega 3 oils, the majority of the animal is used & not wasted as they'd have you believe. Like Williams said why aren't they out after the Beef industry or in Pig & Chicken slaughter houses, they are no more humane but infact less as these animals to a great extent have a miserable existence their whole life even before they are used as food and clothing.
Soutine

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues