Paul and the Seal Hunt.

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Postby I am the Paulrus » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:24 pm

ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RickStark79 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:35 pm

fatbasturd wrote:WOW great rebuttal ...... Paul the arsehole is going to be on Larry King live tonight...with the premier of Newfoundland.
If anyone one here has the Intellect greater then a sponge...I would be ever so pleased to hear your point of veiw on this program.
PS...I do realize that this is just a fan site but now Paul is not going to come to my house to hear my point of view is he?

Well, like I said in a previous post, he's not gonna check here for your opinion either, so keep wasting your time and breath basturd! And by the way. Mr. Intellect Greater-Than-A Sponge Man, intellect doesn't need to be capatalized, and view is spelled view, not veiw. ;-)
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby fatbasturd » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:10 pm

Thanks for the spelling tip :oops: tit for tat ....I hope you take the time to watch the program.
fatbasturd

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:17 pm

No one is saying that the seal hunt is the only act of cruelty directed against animals, Mr. FB. James mentioned the fox hunt in the UK, I mentioned bullfights and there's lots more, starting with those (who I suppose are to be found everywhere) who buy domestic animals as "toys" for their kids and when they find out they require some care and cost a lot of money, simply abandon them somewhere near the motorway. But the existence of lots more (and perhaps worse) crimes doesn't justify one particular crime in question - I don't think any Criminal Code in this world provides for this kind of thing.

And don't go telling us that the major aim of the seal hunt is control of the seal population and saving the poor cod from extinction and the skins and meat are just welcome "by-products". By mentioning the jobs attached to it, you admitted that $$$ play an important role here too. Oh, and by the way, how was animal population "controlled" before humankind took over? Are the seals really the worst menace for the fish? I do admit I have not consulted any statistics on the subject, but I can imagine fishing fleets have something to do with it as well. At least in other parts of the world they do.

And I agree with the one (I think it was Paperback Writer) who said it was rather strange that you lot come on here just to polemize in favour of the seal hunt. What is your aim really? Do you want us to flood Macca's mailbox (if we had access to it) or letter box telling him to stop being stupid, mind his own business and leave the poor Canadians who have never learnt any other job but seal hunting alone? Then you might as well GIVE UP because as far as I can see, most of us here feel at least sympathetic towards the issue of animals rights, even if we are not vegetarians ourselves (I am not but I try to cut down my intake of food based on dead animals - above all those living and being killed in atrocious conditions - and I will certainly never wear fur coats). As I said, give up and dedicate your time to more worth while issues (maybe providing the poor uneducated seal hunters with some education?).
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:24 pm

fatbasturd wrote:Paul is not going to come to my house to hear my point of view is he?

How dare he be so disrespectful? Given that the "arsehole" doesn't know how to behave himself, maybe you should "condescend" to go to his house to make yourself heard.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:05 pm

HIP, HIP HOORAY!!!!

Paul and Heather knocked back the political hack from Canada tonight around the world and back! All on live TV, Larry King. Great job!

The puke-inducing champion of seal slaughter started tossing around terms like"FBI file", "Homeland Security" to try to intimidate them!!! What a fascist hack! He is from the karl rove school of Swift Boat character assassins. No wonder his flock are clueless barbarians.

Paul was so aggressive, articulate, stand-up - yet pursuasive I'm sure his old buddy John is smiling in Heaven. Heather is world class, as well. Linda McCartney is happiest of all for Paul tonight. Most importantly, the debate was won on FACTS!

If it was a boxing match - it would have been stopped!
Must see TV - check your local listings for re-plays!

KNOCK-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Paperback Writer on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:13 pm

Wow, what an idiot that politician was, totally ashamed of his performance. Paul & Heather proposed a viable alternative with great financial benefits to the local fisherman over the long term. He didn't and would not address that issue what-so-ever, instead being totally defensive and insulting to the McCarntney's and the intellegence of the viewers.

The politician kept going away from the main issue and trying to group the McCartney's with trying to close down Red Lobsters and all restaraunts. What the hell is that about ?
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby RickStark79 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:45 pm

Wow, that politician was something else! I felt like I was watching Dancing With The Stars!!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby iclubbabyseals » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:48 am

honestly now, you would have to be just as drug induced as sir paul to think that he was 'aggressive, articulate, stand-up - yet pursuasive '. I am fairly certain the man did not know where he was- actually! he didn't! what a larf that is!

Danny Willams: I want you to come to Newfoundland and Labrador. I want you to know the truth and the facts. And I'm certain that you will partner with us and move this forward because I think we can convince you that this is a very humane undertaking.

Paul: Well, we're here, Danny. You don't need to invite us. Thanks for the invitation, but we're here. We're actually in the studio here. We are in Newfoundland. And we saw the seals yesterday.

Danny Williams: first of all, Paul, you're in Prince Edward Island now. And I'm in Newfoundland and Labrador

I think for him to be respected in this protest, he (and Heather) should at least get his facts straight.

1. baby seals are actually not clubbed, shot, or even hunted. There was a ban put on the killing of WHITE COATS (as in what Paul and Heather had their picture taken with) in 1987. Yes, I am sure some people still kill the baby seals, but it is not a majority. The seal hunt, in fact, is shut down when the white coats are born to prevent them from being killed. When seals are born they are raised by thier parents until they are a few weeks old. Then the parents move further south and breed again. Those cute white baby selas then go to the water like all other adult seals and their coat turns to that of a harp seal. Those are the ones that people kill, not the white ones.

2. People DO eat seals. They are also used for other things besides the fur. Skin is used for seal leather, fur for fashion and whatever else, there is oil made from them, and people eat them. Seal flippers is actually quite a popular meal in Newfoundland.

P.S.- It's Canucks, not Canooks. I would know, because I am one.

[/b]
iclubbabyseals

Postby maccastheman » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:21 am

Mike wrote:instead being ... insulting to the McCarntney's and the intellegence of the viewers.

Yeah, that part where he kept saying that he was sorry that the McCartney's were "being used" was very condescending. That made me lose a lot of respect for him.

I'm very opinionated about how I feel about rock stars (and all artists really) getting into politics. My general feeling is that artists should illustrate how they feel about these things through their art as opposed to being actively involved in public campaigns. Bob Dylan, IMHO, is the perfect example of this.

However, I do think McCartney fights for his causes the right way in public. He shows compassion not only for those poor animals but also for the people who's lives would be changed by banning the practice. Like Mike said, he was offering solutions and alternatives as opposed to just saying, "I want it to end."

Also, he picks causes as opposed to poltical parties and candidates. I respect that for so many different reasons - mainly because parties and candidates will almost always let you down in one way or another. If you have a cause you believe in and are willing to work with whoever you can to help make a change then I think you are going to be much happier in the end. (Plus being an American I tend to be very cynical about our two major parties and I think all they really care about is being in power and raising money, not the ideologies that people think they represent)
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues