Paul and the Seal Hunt.

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Postby ANGRY » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:43 am

hey, rene...no problem !
it's sad, at best, to see any living creature that can actually type a word come up with even the most lame of excuses for this sort of evilness...but, 'club boy' and his mutant offspring definately are giving stupidity a running dash for the gold medal. first...everybody and their brother is well aware that the only reason to club these pups to death is there is this slight window where their furs are valuable...and this is that yearly moment, so please don't try to blow smoke up my wazoo by saying you need the meat ! you need the fur. and the only way to get it is to club baby seals.
please don't think the rest of the real, intelligent world isn't aware that it is savage greed alone that keeps this practice going...not anything else. when the fields dry up, you move down the road..when the car plant closes, you go open a business, when the intelligent people all point out you are commiting barbaric acts...you ought to have enough dignity and humanity to realize, just like every other sentient being, it might be time...or, in this case, long past time, to consider doing something else.
please don't blow chunks up the stream with this lazy, ignorant, 'gee there just big rats' crap...nobody intelligent buys that crap.
when real, intelligent people realized we shouldn't kill all the whales, we stopped it. ( sad to see some have backslid on this, but sheer alzyness is sheer lazyness !) when we realized we can't cut down all the trees, we slowed down and found other means.
just because you, in your ignorance, can't figure out that you are perpetuating a myth and a lifestyle which glorifies savage killing, please don't delude yourself, or try to delude others, that somehow WE are the ones who are wrong.
NOT !
if you don't have the chutzpah to at least stand up and say ' yea, i club baby seals purely for profit...mostly 'cause i'm lazy, stoopid and cain't figur nuthin else to do"...at least don't try ands tell us it's all for the greater good.
and, as far as the extremely lame ' gee...there's just so many of them.." kinda line...hey, move away, they won't bother you ! promise ! !
"oh...it's my life ! my family has lived here for generations !"
whooppee ! my grandfathers family lived in ireland for generations...when the famine hit, they left...they didn't club leprechauns or skin taters...because they were honorable and they moved on.
if anyone needs to get over anything, its the sad, demented few, who just don't have what it takes to stand up, and do the right thing.
there is nothing right about clubbing baby seals.
i don't care how long the innuits have done it
i don't care how long your families have done it.
when you are wrong...you are wrong...and this...idiocy...is wrong.
User avatar
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:50 am
Location: NEWTON, KS, USA

Postby ANGRY » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:45 am

my grandmother used to eat cow brains...i belive they called it 'head cheese'...that doesn't make it a swell idea.
it doesn't take a man to club a baby seal...just a lame , ignorant fool.
User avatar
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:50 am
Location: NEWTON, KS, USA

Postby Alta redneck » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:53 am

Just thought i'd post a few facts on the seal hunt. Your little white pet seals with the ohh so big eyes are not part of the hunt, All those pictures that disturb you so much were more than likely taken in the 70's

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/seal-phoque/myth_e.htm

If you want to protest something, go to Washington and protest Bushs plans of expanding oil exploration in Alaska right in the middle of a wildlife perserve. While your there you can protest the purpossed pipeline thats going to be biult, down through Canada that will go through the middle of a Cariboo migration route.

One more fact for you to consider, pipelines in the Artic are not placed under ground, because of the permafrost. They are built above ground. Cariboo can not climb over these or go under. This is a major obstacle for them to get to the caving grounds each year.
Clean up your backyard before coming to Canada, and telling us to clean up ours
Alta redneck
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:54 pm
Location: Alberta Canada

Postby fatbasturd » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:28 am

Paperback Writer wrote:Mr FB - so you trust governments and not people, people elect a government, worried about losing power if the truth comes out?

I would trust my goverment well before I would trust yours my freind...or I rock star who spent the better part of his life high.
fatbasturd
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Postby fatbasturd » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:29 am

Paperback Writer wrote:Are you hacks clones of Carl Rove?

Do you mean Karl Rove?
fatbasturd
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Postby fatbasturd » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:32 am

Paperback Writer wrote:Even if one is on your side of the issue, I don't believe most want to glorify it, but you guys - NOOOOOO!

We never had a problem with it untill tree huggers came along. :wink:
fatbasturd
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Postby fatbasturd » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:34 am

Paperback Writer wrote:Maybe if you focused on ocean eucology, so many fish wouldn't be dying!

Maybe if the rest of the world had not of raped the ocean is what you ment to say right ?
fatbasturd
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Postby fatbasturd » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:39 am

ANGRY wrote:hey, rene...no problem !
it's sad, at best, to see any living creature that can actually type a word come up with even the most lame of excuses for this sort of evilness...but, 'club boy' and his mutant offspring definately are giving stupidity a running dash for the gold medal. first...everybody and their brother is well aware that the only reason to club these pups to death is there is this slight window where their furs are valuable...and this is that yearly moment, so please don't try to blow smoke up my wazoo by saying you need the meat ! you need the fur. and the only way to get it is to club baby seals.
please don't think the rest of the real, intelligent world isn't aware that it is savage greed alone that keeps this practice going...not anything else. when the fields dry up, you move down the road..when the car plant closes, you go open a business, when the intelligent people all point out you are commiting barbaric acts...you ought to have enough dignity and humanity to realize, just like every other sentient being, it might be time...or, in this case, long past time, to consider doing something else.
please don't blow chunks up the stream with this lazy, ignorant, 'gee there just big rats' crap...nobody intelligent buys that crap.
when real, intelligent people realized we shouldn't kill all the whales, we stopped it. ( sad to see some have backslid on this, but sheer alzyness is sheer lazyness !) when we realized we can't cut down all the trees, we slowed down and found other means.
just because you, in your ignorance, can't figure out that you are perpetuating a myth and a lifestyle which glorifies savage killing, please don't delude yourself, or try to delude others, that somehow WE are the ones who are wrong.
NOT !
if you don't have the chutzpah to at least stand up and say ' yea, i club baby seals purely for profit...mostly 'cause i'm lazy, stoopid and cain't figur nuthin else to do"...at least don't try ands tell us it's all for the greater good.
and, as far as the extremely lame ' gee...there's just so many of them.." kinda line...hey, move away, they won't bother you ! promise ! !
"oh...it's my life ! my family has lived here for generations !"
whooppee ! my grandfathers family lived in ireland for generations...when the famine hit, they left...they didn't club leprechauns or skin taters...because they were honorable and they moved on.
if anyone needs to get over anything, its the sad, demented few, who just don't have what it takes to stand up, and do the right thing.
there is nothing right about clubbing baby seals.
i don't care how long the innuits have done it
i don't care how long your families have done it.
when you are wrong...you are wrong...and this...idiocy...is wrong.
you are perpetuating a myth and a lifestyle which glorifies savage killing

Hahahahaha you live in the U.S..land of the free(to kill each other that is) :shock: maybe you should ask Paul to help out with your hand gun problem before you or he worry about seals my freind
fatbasturd
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Postby fatbasturd » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:41 am

Alta redneck wrote:Seal Recipe

My Dad loved flipper pie and used to be among the first people at the water front in St. John's when the sealing ships arrived from the front. He was a very kind man who would not even kill a bee if it wandered into our home. (He would capture it in a bottle and return it to the outdoors.) To him eating seal meat was not different from eating beef or any other type of meat. Most Newfoundlanders feel the same way. Seal meat is an excellent source of protein and seals are not in danger of extinction.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Flipper Pie

SHOPPING LIST: baking soda, baking powder, carrots, flippers, flour, margarine, onion, pepper, salt, salt pork, turnip


INGREDIENTS
2 flippers, 1 tbsp. baking soda, 2 tbsp flour, salt, pepper, 1/4 lb. salt pork cut into small cubes, 1 chopped onion, 2 diced carrots, 1 diced turnip.
Pastry: 1/3 cup margarine, 2 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 or 3 tbsp. cold water.
INSTRUCTIONS
Cooking
Soak the seal flippers for 1/2 hour in cold water to which 1 tbsp. of baking soda has been added.
The fat will turn white. Remove all the fat.
Mix 2 tbsp. of flour with salt and pepper
Dredge the flippers with the flour mixture.
CooK the salt pork in a fry pan.
Fry the flippers until brown in the rendered salt pork fat.
Add a little water and simmer until partly tender.
Put the flippers in a roaster with the onion and the cubed carrot and turnip, and add 1 cup of water.
Cover and bake at 350F degrees for 2 to 3 hours.
Remove from oven and take flippers from roaster.
Adding 1 1/2 cups of water to the roaster and stir well
Add flour thickening (See recipe at the bottom,) and stir well until thicken to make gravy.
Place the flippers back in the roaster and cover with pastry (See recipe at the bottom.) Bake at 400F for about 25 minutes until pastry is brown.
Flour Thickening
Take a small jar with a cover.
Place 1/4 cup of cold water in the jar.
On top of the water place 2 tbsp. of flour.
Place the cover on the jar and shake until the mixture is smooth
Add to liquid from meat to make it thicker.

Pastry
Cut margarine into flour, baking powder, and salt until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
Sprinkle in water, 1 tbsp. at a time and mix.
Gather the pastry into a ball and place on lightly floured board.
Roll out the pastry to a thickness of about 1/2" to 3/4" and to the correct size to cover the flippers.

Thanks for the post :wink:
fatbasturd
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Postby fatbasturd » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:52 am

Every year from November 15 to May 15, a seal harvest takes place in Canada on the coasts of Newfoundland. The hunt is the target of a great deal of organised controversy, referring to it as animal cruelty and inhumane, while others see it as an important part of the Canadian economy, providing employment for some 14,000 fishermen. The latest quotas granted by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans have recently been increased to 350,000 harp seals as well as 10,000 each of hooded and grey seals. The quotas are largely accepted as sustainable by independant researchers and the herds are stable at over 5 million harp seals in the North Atlantic alone. The sustainable nature of the hunt is the main reason the focus of the protests has shifted from an environmental concern to one of supposed "cruelty" when the assertions of a plunging herd numbers were proven to be inaccurate hyperbole. The hunt is often alleged by animal protest industry groups to be the largest commercial wildlife harvest in the world, however in fact, the Australian Kangaroo harvest easily eclipses any of the world's seal harvests, as its numbers range in the millions per year as opposed to the mere three hundred thousand seals taken in Newfoundland. Some protest groups have been unwilling to wean themselves off the use of images of white seal pups in their fund-raising materials, though the harvesting of juvenile "white coats" has been banned since 1987.
fatbasturd
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron