What made you like Paul better than the other Beatles?

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby ANGRY » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:43 am

just another 'paul avenger' here, trying to get this topic on track...after finally getting into the beatles, first, with The White Album, later with AR, Sgt Pepper, and other latter works, i found myself drifting towards pauls voice, both the physical version (I.E. his singing) and that inner voice, the artists eye, if you will. i found his sense of humor more to my liking, though i've come to admire the others as well. i found his more positve outlook on almost all things, as opposed to the more introspective, sometimes dour outlook of john, more like mine as well. as life has gone on, i feel that there is a definate yin-yang aspect to the paul/john musical relationship, and that is a good thing, a creative wellspring. but paul always, for me, seemed to, kinda like that old monty python song, look on the bright side of life...and, in the end, it was that optimism, and a real sense of musical adventure, that drew me to his work. i believe that paul is as gifted as john, each possessing huge, creative talent, and that neither i better than the other, just different. i can appreciate that difference and enjoy it, as well....and why not, life would be pretty boring if you only had one to choose from.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mini » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:17 am

mini, there is a fine line between defending John and Yoko (which I often do) and deliberately antagonising people. You consistently stray to the latter. It's not big or clever, or even funny anymore.

That's fine just show me where i have deliberately anatagonised people and I'll accept it.

The truth is the people here just don't like to hear positive comments about John and Yoko particularly Yoko irregardless.
Mini

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:22 am

Mini, I think the point is your FREAKING BORING!

You detract, rather than add any positive reflection upon John or Yoko, but look we all love and rspect the hell out of John! His legacy is not hanging on your "advocacy".

I regret writing this because it feeds into your lust for attention - but I want to shatter any illusion you may have that your making any contribution to John or Yoko - your only a reminder that "fans" - of anyone or team - are capable of being dolts.

This will be my last comment to you, so don't bother responding.

TILT! Game over.
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby admiral_halsey » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:49 pm

I'm pretty new around here so I don't know much, but why do people come on a MACCA board who don't even like him?! I'm all up for adult discussion and debate (we're not always gonna agree), but this is just childish. Why don't you find a Yoko message board to post on if you love her so much?

Ram on!
admiral_halsey

Postby FoolontheHill » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:05 pm

admiral_halsey wrote:I'm pretty new around here so I don't know much, but why do people come on a MACCA board who don't even like him?! I'm all up for adult discussion and debate (we're not always gonna agree), but this is just childish. Why don't you find a Yoko message board to post on if you love her so much?

Agreed.But anyway one of the reasons I also love Paul so much is that
he is soooooooo sweet!And he has so much talent!All his songs had
so much of him in them!They are all so wonderful!Paul is the best songwriter ever! :D Not only that but he's...adorable!And he was the only beatle that was true to his wife all the time!He's really a great guy!
But I do love the other Beatles alot too!(Especially young John! :D )
But Paul will always be the one for me! :wink:
FoolontheHill

Postby maccastheman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:55 pm

Mini wrote:
particularly Yoko irregardless.

I've enjoyed sitting by and just watching this debate, but I have to get my two cents in here. "Irregardless" is not a word! :wink: It's a double negative. The word is "regardless." That's really all I have to say. You all can carry on now.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:14 am

What made me like Paul better then the other lads was that we have the same name and we are both left handed but him having my name made an instant connection.
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby ddr » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:55 pm

He has a really sweet tata..........AND he is a musical genius with a love for performing that he has sustained throughout his career.

ddr
ddr

Postby Another~Girl » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:15 am

There are many reasons that Paul is my favorite. He is cute. He is funny. He is talented. He is compassionate. He is lovable. He is everything you could ever want in a man and a musician :D
~We live in hope of deliverance from the darkness that surrounds us~
Another~Girl

Previous

Return to Paul as a Beatle