First Album You Ever Owned ? (Bought With Your Own Money)

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby funkbeatle » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:46 pm

Er...I think I misunderstood what was asked. I thought it was about the first Beatle album... the very first album I've owned by myself really was hmmmm...The Real Thing by Faith No More, but soon I found the amazing The Beatles! :D
funkbeatle

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:37 pm

VeeJay #1092...Introducing the Beatles.....I had raked leaves in several yards in late 1963 (8 years old) and had over $5 (I did like 10 houses). I bought the album for just over $3. My Mom bought me the first capitol US album (meet the beatles) a few months later right after Sullivan when she got the bug herself. I still cherish both of them.

Wow Steve-o....it's like we're twins or something(you being the older twin of course) :wink: ..but that's exactly the way I got my first 2 albums too.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:53 pm

Steve-o wrote:VeeJay #1092...Introducing the Beatles.....I had raked leaves in several yards in late 1963 (8 years old) and had over $5 (I did like 10 houses). I bought the album for just over $3. My Mom bought me the first capitol US album (meet the beatles) a few months later right after Sullivan when she got the bug herself. I still cherish both of them.

Wow Steve-O.....THOSE TWO RECORDS ARE WORTH ALOT OF MONEY.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:53 pm

2 of 3 wrote:
VeeJay #1092...Introducing the Beatles.....I had raked leaves in several yards in late 1963 (8 years old) and had over $5 (I did like 10 houses). I bought the album for just over $3. My Mom bought me the first capitol US album (meet the beatles) a few months later right after Sullivan when she got the bug herself. I still cherish both of them.

Wow Steve-o....it's like we're twins or something(you being the older twin of course) :wink: ..but that's exactly the way I got my first 2 albums too.
COOL!!!!! They are great aren't they?
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:54 pm

Sir.derekwarner wrote:
Steve-o wrote:VeeJay #1092...Introducing the Beatles.....I had raked leaves in several yards in late 1963 (8 years old) and had over $5 (I did like 10 houses). I bought the album for just over $3. My Mom bought me the first capitol US album (meet the beatles) a few months later right after Sullivan when she got the bug herself. I still cherish both of them.

Sentimental value is by far the most important...besides...both are a tad worn, lol
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:11 pm

Steve-o wrote:
Sir.derekwarner wrote:

Sentimental value is by far the most important...besides...both are a tad worn, lol

My price guide says "Introducing The Beatles" on Vee Jay comes in #'s LP 1062M SR 1O62B and SR1062S and range from 250.00 to 12000.

According to "the guide" Vee Jay #1092 is an album called " Songs, Pictures and Stories of the Fabulous Beatles".... I'm confused :?
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:24 pm

First album I ever bought with my own loot? I'll never forget. I was in 7th grade. And my favorite band had just lost their singer. I wasn't feeling too optimistic about it, but I decided to buy AC/DC's Back in Black anyway. Amazing. Imagine if U2 had lost their singer, and just managed to release the best album of their career with the new guy. No one saw it coming. And the album still lasts the test of time.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:34 pm

very very cool Chris!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:14 am

Sir.derekwarner wrote:According to "the guide" Vee Jay #1092 is an album called " Songs, Pictures and Stories of the Fabulous Beatles".... I'm confused :?
That's the one I have..it has a 3/4 front cover flap. So i was lazy and didnt type the "Songs....etc". I do have an "Introducing" from VJ that was a reissue in early 1970 that had the same play list. The cool thing about mine is that the originals are listed as.....yep...."Mccartney-Lennon". Take that, Yukko. :P ...

Anyway..i cant imagine the "introducing" would be worth THAT much..it was, afterall, a reissue (unless there was evan an earlier one in 1963..who knows?). Capitol put it's version out in 1965 called "The Early beatles", but I digress.......
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:17 am

Beatles For Sale. An original 1964 Parlophone pressing too. I still have it.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to Music - Other Artists