First Album You Ever Owned ? (Bought With Your Own Money)

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

First Album You Ever Owned ? (Bought With Your Own Money)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:27 pm

Gene Simmons solo album from 1978 was mine...which was pretty cool for me at the time ....being seven years old...interesting record too..."Living in Sin (at the holiday inn)" and "When you Wish Apon a Star" on one album!!
Talk about variety!
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:36 pm

I can't really remember the first Album I bought. I do think the first 45 I ever bought was "It's Raining Again" by Supertramp.

I think the first cassette I bought was Break Every Rule by Tina Turner.

The first cd I ever bought was Out of Time by R.E.M.

I was one of those younger siblings that always listened to my older sister's records. She had a lot of records/45s by Blondie, The Bee Gees, The Cars, Prince, and a lot of other pop stuff from that late '70s/early '80s era.

We both had copies of Thriller I think. (One vinyl, one cassette) And my mother always played Give My Regards to Broad Street.

In fact, the two albums I remember listening to the most as a kid were Thriller and Give My Regards to Broad Street.[/i]
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Rene » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:49 pm

The first album I ever bought with my own money was Wings Greatest. I really didn't have to buy too many albums. My dad who grew up with the Beatles (not literally!) went out and bought me a bunch of Beatles, Stones, Who etc. at the first sign that I was intrested in music because he didn't want me listening to disco. I had a killer Beatles collection and some Paul solo and Wings before I had to actually go out and buy my own.

Those were the days :)
"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal." John Lennon

http://www.myspace.com/amazedrene
Rene
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:41 am

Shania Twain Come On Over... :(
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:58 am

VeeJay #1092...Introducing the Beatles.....I had raked leaves in several yards in late 1963 (8 years old) and had over $5 (I did like 10 houses). I bought the album for just over $3. My Mom bought me the first capitol US album (meet the beatles) a few months later right after Sullivan when she got the bug herself. I still cherish both of them.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:18 am

Steve-o wrote:VeeJay #1092...Introducing the Beatles.....I had raked leaves in several yards in late 1963 (8 years old) and had over $5 (I did like 10 houses). I bought the album for just over $3. My Mom bought me the first capitol US album (meet the beatles) a few months later right after Sullivan when she got the bug herself. I still cherish both of them.

That's a nice story Steve-o....and I bet you do still cherish them!
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:36 pm

Please Please Me by the ??, damned I forgot the name of the group, sorry!!

Good one to start with
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:47 pm

I remember being 7 or 8 and buying Magical Mystery Tour and 20 Greatest Hits on casette. My dad had all the Beatles and Macca albums on vinyl, so I didn't have to buy much, but I do remember wanting to have the albums on cassette so I could walk around with them! Ah, memories!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:21 am

my brother gave me his old copies of macca and beatle stuff, my first buy ? i signed up with a record club...i got meatloaf/bat out of hell, boston/boston, billy joel/the stranger, elo/a new world record and the doors/the doors as my sign up picks...one day, i had only 'ram' and 'the white album' the next....all that ! all, btw, on the trusty 8-track !
as an interesting side to this story... i found out AFTER signing up...that the company did not have ANY macca or beatle offerings !
...wanna talk about severly disappointing !! took me a while to buy the rest of my agreement package !
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Postby funkbeatle » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:27 pm

Well, well...actually I started to buy The Beatles collection at the same time to solo Beatle collection at the age 18(I'm 32) with my own money.
Mi Papa had some vinyl Beatle albums like Please Please Me, Help, Sgt.Pepper and other oldies and the solos Ram and Imagine, but the very first I bought myself was Past Masters 1 and 2, Macca's first was Flowers in the dirt seconded by Band on the run, his most famous album both in CD version(too expensive at the time!).
funkbeatle

Next

Return to Music - Other Artists