Beatle Paul vs Solo Paul

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Rene » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:31 pm

Ok...I'll begin again...

I think Solo Paul is as good or better than Beatle Paul,(albeit different in some ways) if not for the simple fact that he proved that he CAN and DID write amazing music on his own.

I agree with ANGRY...Ram, BOTR, FP and CC are proof positive regarding Paul's genious. (Let me add McCartneyII, On The Way...simply wonderful!!) :wink:

Paul and John was obviously a match made in heaven, a once in a lifetime or even longer, there can be no doubt, but Paul is...well...Paul is freakin' Paul McCartney!!!!!!!!
"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal." John Lennon

http://www.myspace.com/amazedrene
Rene
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mini » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:30 am

Steve-o wrote:
Mini wrote:
Steve-o wrote:Wasn't the topic beatle Paul vs Solo Paul? Message to Mini-Yukko Ono....if you want to continue your broken record, why not start your own thread "Why me and my husband are better than Paul and Heather in every way" (or whatever) so that you stop soiling other people's threads?

I notice that is all you do here, soil other people's discussions. If you have nothing to add why don't you stay out of discussions that other people are interested in discussing.
And who is off topic? I think you may have soiled yourself, Yukko. Something sure stinks on this thread. Again..why dont you start your own thread......then you can discuss and stay on topic.

I guess you should direct your complaints to mi .. he/she strayed off topic .. whatever :roll:

maybe this is the only board you visit because you can be the king Paul Avenger here so let me share something with you.. normal people in the course of a conversation can weave topics in and out of a conversation.. it's called communication.. something you seem to have a limited grasp on..
Mini

Postby mi » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:38 am

Mini wrote:I guess you should direct your complaints to mi .. he/she strayed off topic .. whatever :roll:

I started off topic?????? As I recall I was aswering YOU (I'm a "she", by the way).
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:59 pm

Hey, I thought I was the King Paul Avenger!! ;-) Better than being the King Monkey! hehe

Anywho, I thought that Dear Boy was about Linda's ex and not John!? Anyone know whether or not this is true?
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:06 pm

Dear Boy is 100% about Linda's ex.

Two Many People, 3 Legs - bits of them are about Johnandyoko
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:10 pm

Hey, James. AWESOME new avatar :D Just one of these pictures that make me go crazy. Maybe I'll change mine, too.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:20 pm

Mini wrote:I guess you should direct your complaints to mi .. he/she strayed off topic .. whatever :roll:

maybe this is the only board you visit because you can be the king Paul Avenger here so let me share something with you.. normal people in the course of a conversation can weave topics in and out of a conversation.. it's called communication.. something you seem to have a limited grasp on..
These are forum threads....not quite the same as in person communication, is it? Alas..another COTI...coward of the internet. I would love to kick your arse...but...since I can't see you, this will have to do. LEARN A FEW MANNERS WHILE YOU STILL CAN. Respect others. If you can't......Eat ***censored*** and die. Your choice. :P
Last edited by Steve-o on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:22 pm

james1985 wrote:Dear Boy is 100% about Linda's ex.

Two Many People, 3 Legs - bits of them are about Johnandyoko
TMP, yes...3 legs..that's a stretch.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:22 pm

Ouch!! Ok, Steve-O's the King!! :-)
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ANGRY » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:29 am

hey, dudes, one of many 'paul avengers' here ! (and proudly so, i might add !)
as to the thread, (so far off course with the return of the wicked gnome) i began a serious listening to music because of paul mccartney. i'd never really, listened to anyone or anything. but, 'uncle albert...' caught my ear. my brother played 'ram' and i was sold. he thought that i might be missing something, and playedThe White Album...but, it was the paul songs that stuck out, there, too. i then spent the next few years getting into every preTOW album, w/o ever really getting back to the beatles (!), so, i was sold on macca as a solo artist BEFORE i really got into the beatles !
this may explain some of the wacky reasoning i seem to use sometimes: i simply don't view his, (or johns or georges or ringos) solo careers as something that desperately needs the beatles. look, we've all had jobs: some we loved, some we hated. but, sometimes, because of decisons we make (or others) we leave those jobs and go on to new ones. we take with us the experiences,adapt to our new surroundings and move on. in my view, that is all i need to know about what was beatle paul and is now solo paul - they are different entities. i appreciate them for that. as for the actual topic...i now can't choose... i view both as seperate and enjoy each upon it's own merit...for me..it's a tie !
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle